2016 NAB Challenge: Carlton v Sydney - Friday 11th March 5:50 - Etihad Stadium

Started by LF, March 11, 2016, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: Money Shot on March 11, 2016, 09:30:33 PM
I tipped Graham as a breakout candidate at the end of last year and I really want to fit him in my side but he is such an awkward price :(

Hewett and Newman a chance for round one?

I like Graham, he is an awkward price.

Money Shot

fanTCfool

fanTCfool

Graham 100
Kerridge 109
Daisy 48
Matthew Wright 83
Boekhurst 103
Docherty 89
Mills 99
Newman 66
Hewett 82
Heeney 78

fanTCfool

CARLTON

Ed Curnow 117

Sam Kerridge 109

Patrick Cripps 107

Blaine Boekhorst 103

Nick Graham 100

Bryce Gibbs 99

Kade Simpson 96

Zach Tuohy 95

Sam Docherty 89

Matthew Wright 83

Matthew Kreuzer 68

Jacob Weitering 64

Dylan Buckley 63

Sam Rowe 59

Andrew Phillips 54

Michael Jamison 50

Simon White 48

Dale Thomas 48

Mark Whiley 44

Jed Lamb 38

Andrew Walker 21

Andrejs Everitt 20

Daniel Gorringe 18

Levi Casboult 16

SYDNEY

Dan Hannebery 139

Dane Rampe 104

Jake Lloyd 103

Callum Mills 99

Lance Franklin 95

Tom Mitchell 95

George Hewett 82

Isaac Heeney 78

Callum Sinclair 75

Kieren Jack 73

Luke Parker 73

Jeremy Laidler 70

Heath Grundy 67

Kurt Tippett 66

Nic Newman 66

Harry Cunningham 65

Zak Jones 59

Josh P. Kennedy 56

Dean Towers 53

Tom Papley 49

James Rose 47

Nick Smith 43

Michael Talia 28

Toby Nankervis 6

Mat0369

So there were a few things I noticed tonight

The back 6 seemed to be pretty settled all night. You could see that Bolton has focused on trying to get that right and let them build chemistry. They seem to be setting up and pressing and you can see the structures there. He seems to have settled on a back 6 like this

Tuohy, Jamo, Weitering
Simmo, Rowe, Docherty

White is the other guy that was rotating through there as well since he can play both tall and small. I was expecting Docherty to maybe get some more midfield minutes but that doesn't seem to be the case. Simmo only really got a run on the wing for the final couple minutes of the 2nd quarter and that was about it. I think these guys are both going to be a roller coaster this year since they seem to be sharing the role of sitting a kick behind the play to intercept and run. They might both average 90-95 by years end but it is probably going to be 50 one week 130 the next.

Interestingly Walker and Buckley both played forward. Walker forward makes sense, we really do need him there as a target because he can create match up problems. Bell is gone and he was basically playing the role I had in mind for Walker. We really do need a 2nd marking option next to Casboult and Walker will have to provide that. Bucks is there for some speed and to create pressure. The one I really liked down forward was Jed Lamb. One tackle he laid basically turned the game on it's head and swung the momentum to Carlton. He kept tackling and pressuring the entire game and may have earnt a spot round 1 just based on that.

Looking at our structures you could tell the other thing we were looking at was guys with pace that can run all day on the wings which is similar to the Hawks. Boekhorst spent the majority of the game on one wing and Daisy on the other. However the contrast in their games was huge. Boek took the opportunity by the throat and had a really good game. He used his pace and was clean by foot most of the night, he was quite impressive. On the other hand, Daisy is f'ing useless. Poor decisions, mistakes and an absolute butcher of the ball. Defensively he didn't work hard enough in the first half either and Gibbs was yelling at him from the bench to pick up a man but he ignored him. It basically resulted in the Swans sling shotting down the wing that Daisy was on and working the loose man before kicking a goal. He went forward late in the game and was playing out of the square, I would rather Curnow play on the other wing and I think when Murph returns that's probably going to be the case.

Graham was a beast again. I thought he cracked a rib at one point because Jack split right through him with a bump. The next quarter Jack tried the same thing again, Graham was ready for it and laid some punishment. Jack went off hobbling before coming on later that quarter. That aggression mixed in with his stat stuffing is really tempting. I wish he was the same price as Crouch, I would be all over him, at the price he is at you almost need him to average triple figures but it looks like he has improved his all around game.

Curnow is off the leash, we don't seem to be using taggers so he has the freedom to hunt the pill and he does it quite well. He is deceptively quick and he can run all day. I think he is in for a good season. While they said he was tagging JPK he really wasn't he was just playing accountable footy and running both ways.

Kerridge we all know about, same goes for Weitering, he was really impressive.

In terms of fantasy, Daisy probably had the most fantasy friendly role that he could get, he basically had the role I thought Docherty might have had, but he was pathetic even for a preseason game. I still wouldn't touch him in SC because he has horrid disposal but in AF he is maybe worth a risk.

Walker I have off my radar for the time being. He looks fit and was trying to get some touch which he really did need. He was quite aggressive trying to be quite physical and got a couple of small stints on the wing where I love him. It seems the mids are rotating forward for a rest and the half forwards are taking short stints in the middle. However I'm thinking his scoring could be similar to a Crameri in that role just due to the fact we might not see a lot of ball down there. Maybe a 75 average. 

Weitering is one I am now considering at D4, he reads the ball so well in the air and intercept marks.

Graham keeps tempting but most of the other guys seem to be draft selections or no brainers like Kerridge.

RaisyDaisy

Ringo

Ricochet