Main Menu

Weller hopes to be a Docker for life

Started by Ricochet, February 09, 2016, 12:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Hey Saints boys...  ;D ;D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-08/exciting-youngster-lachie-weller-hopes-to-be-a-docker-for-life

QuoteEXCITING young Fremantle midfielder Lachie Weller wants to play his entire career with the Dockers.

Weller, 19, made his AFL debut last season playing three games in his first year at Fremantle after he was recruited with pick No.13 in the 2014 NAB AFL draft.

He signed a two-year contract extension in November to tie him to the club until the end of 2018 and on Monday declared his desire to be a one-club player.

"I'm really happy, it's a great club and I want to play my whole career here," Weller said.

He said there was never any thought of moving elsewhere despite interest from other clubs, including St Kilda where his brother Maverick plays

valkorum

Gotta love that sort of commitment from someone who is playing much right now.  I do hope he develops in to a 10 year player for us.

Bill Manspeaker

fanTCfool

He seems like quite the good prospect, I couldn't be happier if I was Freo when your fringe players, who could possibly get games elsewhere (eg. St Kilda with his brother?/cousin? Maverick) but wants to stay with the club.