Armitage vs Beams vs Parker

Started by js19, May 20, 2015, 11:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

js19

I'm starting to see a lot of similar midfields floating around, and wouldn't mind a bit of a POD.

Taking the money side out, which of these do you reckon would serve me best to see out the year?

Armo is obviously the biggest POD, but what are the chances he keeps outscoring these guys?

kilbluff1985

js19

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 20, 2015, 11:12:58 PM
Priddis?

Yeah, good average, but I'm weary of getting sucked in because of the one massive score. Usually good for low 100s, whilst the three I'm looking at seem to consistently push a bit higher historically. That game from Priddis was something special though...

jfitty

I'm thinking Beams over Rocky for that very reason. I like him the most out of the ones you've listed

shaker

The trouble is they won't be POD's for long if they continue to score well

Ringo

Quote from: shaker on May 21, 2015, 08:44:12 AM
This when most people upgrade at least one of these 3 will be in most teams taking away your POD. If looking for a POD you should really do some research and make a decision based on that.

Holz

I just dont get this POD thing. You pick the best player regardless. Your POD can be your team is better than others and outscores them.

Ricochet

Quote from: js19 on May 20, 2015, 11:08:00 PM
I'm starting to see a lot of similar midfields floating around, and wouldn't mind a bit of a POD.

Taking the money side out, which of these do you reckon would serve me best to see out the year?

Armo is obviously the biggest POD, but what are the chances he keeps outscoring these guys?
Beams mate, jump on. Much more proven

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on May 21, 2015, 09:29:38 AM
I just dont get this POD thing. You pick the best player regardless. Your POD can be your team is better than others and outscores them.

+1

The whole idea of a POD is that it's someone with low ownership that gives your team an advantage over the rest, but there is no point having a POD if there are 10+ scorers with higher team ownership because then you've got a negative POD

Pick the best scoring players

Impossible to split these 3 right now. Beams has a friendlier bye and Parker is cheap. Arma could be a great pick, but I'd be hesitant spending 600k on him just yet - maybe after the byes if he is still going as strong until then

js19

Thanks guys. Thinking I'll punt on Beams. Gives me another look at Rocky as well, with money spare to upgrade to him next week if I want to (unless he goes 170+...)

Agree the best players is the way to go, but for the m7, m8 spot there may be a bunch of players that will score fairly similar. Just gives another dimension to the game when you have someone that isn't in every other team I reckon.

I have Ward, and he's already been both a negative and a positive POD, so can't win them all I guess.

shaker

Quote from: Holz on May 21, 2015, 09:29:38 AM

100% agree the only way I see the term POD to be true would be if I had started with Armitage that is would of been a very handy POD the way my team is going  :P

PICCOLLO

I see POD  as getting  players in that few others have but not at the expense of team output.
Eg. I got Dalhaus instead of Bont  but his output will be better or the same and % owned is less.

The moment you compromise your team to buck a trend, is the moment you'll lose out.

BomberSam

Personally I really like Parker at his price. If it fit my bye structures and I didn't have other fish to fry, I would be tempted this week. He would be my preference out of those three.

I also like Beams as a POD, but he isn't in my plans as of yet.

I wouldn't touch Armo with a ten foot pole, he has to fizzle out at some point. Many others are of the same opinion, so it makes him a huge point of difference, and you'd be doing well if he kept this scoring up. If you're ranked between 10 and 15 thousand and going for overall, he could be a good risk to close the gap.

HotTiges

Quote from: PICCOLLO on May 21, 2015, 11:55:30 AM
I see POD  as getting  players in that few others have but not at the expense of team output.
Eg. I got Dalhaus instead of Bont  but his output will be better or the same and % owned is less.

The moment you compromise your team to buck a trend, is the moment you'll lose out.
my reasoning 2 weeks ago with Dahl vs Bont..however Pittard  at the same time is a head scratcher..

Grufflez

Armo is going to be a POD all year, people won't like the lack of proven scoring history/ crap team he plays for and will expect him to drop off eventually......your POD is Armo, and if him and Steven kicked less clangers they would both be averaging 5-10 points more each lol.