Cash Generation vs Loophole and who to trade?

Started by petefisker, April 18, 2015, 12:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefisker

The epic round 3 is here -
Didn't think my first 2 trades would include Gaj...
Mine: GAJ, Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, Wallis, CEY, Heeney, Vandenberg | Cripps, Miller, Steele

GAJ > JPK and Steele > NVB is a no brainer to me (too many crows to bring in sloane).
Im also not jumping on the Bont train, yet.

But if i do the above I loose my emergency loophole steele. Which worked wonders for me round 1 and 2.
Do ya think this early in the season cash generation's more important than gaining 30-40 so more points from the rookies?

If so now gota choose whether to play Cripps (who isn't the sub v dons) or VBerg who plays 30mins after he starts, or Heeney...

Or... go Miller > NVB and keep steele haha  8)

RaisyDaisy

Get rid of Steele. Cash generation is priority 1 right now

AaronKirk

HotTiges

Quote from: petefisker on April 18, 2015, 12:38:06 PM
The epic round 3 is here -
Didn't think my first 2 trades would include Gaj...
Mine: GAJ, Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, Wallis, CEY, Heeney, Vandenberg | Cripps, Miller, Steele

GAJ > JPK and Steele > NVB is a no brainer to me (too many crows to bring in sloane).
Im also not jumping on the Bont train, yet.

But if i do the above I loose my emergency loophole steele. Which worked wonders for me round 1 and 2.
Do ya think this early in the season cash generation's more important than gaining 30-40 so more points from the rookies?

If so now gota choose whether to play Cripps (who isn't the sub v dons) or VBerg who plays 30mins after he starts, or Heeney...

Or... go Miller > NVB and keep steele haha  8)
heard nothing about Steele.. i'd move him on..VB will make plenty of cash

petefisker

which is why im bringing vb in, but will 'miller' make a clot of cash?...

I do agree man but who to field now  :o
thinking Cripps.. but moving towards Heeney.

HotTiges

Quote from: petefisker on April 18, 2015, 12:43:26 PM
which is why im bring him in, but will 'miller' make a clot of cash?...

I'd love to start Heeney but with Goodes sulking in the NEAFL the sub vest for Swans is back up for debate..

petefisker

Quote from: HotTiges on April 18, 2015, 12:44:28 PM
Quote from: petefisker on April 18, 2015, 12:43:26 PM
which is why im bring him in, but will 'miller' make a clot of cash?...

I'd love to start Heeney but with Goodes sulking in the NEAFL the sub vest for Swans is back up for debate..

Huge call... so that put vberg almost higher than him since him and cripps arnt sub.

HotTiges

Possibly.. if all avoid a coloured vest of some description.. they should score somewhere between 65-70+

petefisker

Yeah cheers - Ill just check the who to field thread for that.
Just sussing thoughts on keeping the emg.loophole and miller/steele trade

LordSneeze

I have 1 trade left and have Ablett to trade out.
Original plan was to trade him to Rich tonight and take the cash + price rises to make it so my team is a lot stronger in the future OR trade to Selwood/Lewis tomorrow depending on league matchup needs.

I have Heeney on the bench with the E and could loophole him in, currently on 63 at Half Time. Is this a viable option or is it better to just bite the bullets on not getting the points. All 3 of my trade in options could easily go over 100.

I am going for leagues this year so cash generation and league win is more important than overall points.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: LordSneeze on April 18, 2015, 05:48:46 PM
Original plan was to trade him to Rich tonight and take the cash + price rises to make it so my team is a lot stronger in the future OR trade to Selwood/Lewis tomorrow depending on league matchup needs.

I have Heeney on the bench with the E and could loophole him in, currently on 63 at Half Time. Is this a viable option or is it better to just bite the bullets on not getting the points. All 3 of my trade in options could easily go over 100.

I am going for leagues this year so cash generation and league win is more important than overall points.

Well seeing as Lewis and Jelwood play tomorrow, just wait and see how Heeney finishes up

If he cracks the ton, then it wouldn't be bad to hang onto GAJ to get his score, but just make sure you wont need more than 2 trades next week

LordSneeze

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 18, 2015, 05:51:50 PM
Quote from: LordSneeze on April 18, 2015, 05:48:46 PM

Unless someone get injured I wont need any. All my rookies are performing and im happy to hold. the only thing is if losing maybe 20 points off holding Gaz is worth being able to get in Rich and take his price increases.

Well seeing as Lewis and Jelwood play tomorrow, just wait and see how Heeney finishes up

If he cracks the ton, then it wouldn't be bad to hang onto GAJ to get his score, but just make sure you wont need more than 2 trades next week