THE BLOODY RUCK DELEMA! advice would be great!

Started by pendles93, April 09, 2015, 03:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendles93

G'day gents!

Sure we are all aware about the absolute robbery of ruck scores so far. I stupidly went big in my rucks with mumford and goldstein expecting the big mummy to go 130+ over the first 3-4 rounds. Although he didnt play as well as I thought with 0 tackles and 10 or so less hitouts than expected i still thought a score of 98 was a little undervalued.

HENCE

Should i trade out mummy and swing the big TBC from my fwd to rucks, swing gray from mids to fwds and then go jump on a lewis/kennedy in the guts etc?

I know I am jumping the gun but im only wasting one trade and it allows me to trade 2 next week to fix up any other areas needed.

TBC is a risk with no cover but may pay off?

any input would be great. have a good one lads!

Big Mac

Great trade on paper but TBC is already in doubt for this week's game - the risk might outweigh the pros. I'd wait a week, and take another look then. Mumford to Leue could be a viable trade next week also

BigMac_93

I would hold Mumford. Given the changes to ruck scoring I would settle for an average of low 100's. His price will drop but most of the other ruck premiums will also. Bellchambers is also injury prone.

pendles93

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 09, 2015, 03:24:28 PM
Great trade on paper but TBC is already in doubt for this week's game - the risk might outweigh the pros. I'd wait a week, and take another look then. Mumford to Leue could be a viable trade next week also

yeah i hear you mate, im just thinking if he gets named this week, can stay fit and last till rnd 5-6. i see him being around 450k and i could easily upgrade to a fallen prem which there will be a plethora of...

kilbluff1985

can see Mummy smashing it vs saints this week

pies124

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 09, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
can see Mummy smashing it vs saints this week    DEMONS

Reckon KB's right on target here.  And I went the same way as you.  Yes you could trade them out saving heaps of $'s and pick them up a lot cheaper later on  BUT at  what price do you value trades  ??    I picked them because I believe they will be No. 1 and 2 ruckmen at seasons end, so I'm keeping them. Trades increase in value as they run out, mine are going to decrease 2 trades slower' Best of luck which ever way you decide.    ;)

pendles93

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on April 09, 2015, 03:55:55 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 09, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
can see Mummy smashing it vs saints this week    DEMONS

Reckon KB's right on target here.  And I went the same way as you.  Yes you could trade them out saving heaps of $'s and pick them up a lot cheaper later on  BUT at  what price do you value trades  ??    I picked them because I believe they will be No. 1 and 2 ruckmen at seasons end, so I'm keeping them. Trades increase in value as they run out, mine are going to decrease 2 trades slower' Best of luck which ever way you decide.    ;)

yes 30 trades seem like a lot and then you ask yourself in round 15 where they all went haha but my plan was to offload mummy anyway. i dont see him playing over 18 games and was going to capitalise on the early points without expecting the rules to hinder the scores this much. i feel as though ive got the right rookies without needing to correct anything there which saves me. ill wait for teams and then decide.

really appreciate everyones input!

Cool9

So the ruckmen are potentially overpriced this year, but in many cases our more expensive favourites will still outscore mid-priced alternatives. Punch on, suck up a small $$ loss and set and forget? Putting it out there.

The Bomber

I am going to say that sounds like a good trade. Trades are important, but in essence you are going Mummy --> JPK. IMO thats almost 15+ points per week. I like the look of this on paper

Keeper27

Quote from: Cool9 on April 10, 2015, 08:03:20 AM
So the ruckmen are potentially overpriced this year, but in many cases our more expensive favourites will still outscore mid-priced alternatives. Punch on, suck up a small $$ loss and set and forget? Putting it out there.

This.