Main Menu

Docherty

Started by Woppa15, April 08, 2015, 01:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woppa15

Didn't get to see his game. What sort of role did he play and do we expect that to continue, especially when Walker returns?

Scored ridiculously well, don't expect him to keep that up but if he could go 95-105 avg he could be this years Swallow.

Worth a watch....

ben_020285

He was very good. I reckon he has breakout written all over him. I don't think the return of Walker will affect his role very much. He has great disposal so I expect that the Blues want the ball in his hands coming out of defence. If he scores well again on Friday night and if Lumumba or Newnes score poorly again then I will probably bring in Docherty for one of them.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 08, 2015, 01:16:28 PM
He was very good. I reckon he has breakout written all over him. I don't think the return of Walker will affect his role very much. He has great disposal so I expect that the Blues want the ball in his hands coming out of defence. If he scores well again on Friday night and if Lumumba or Newnes score poorly again then I will probably bring in Docherty for one of them.

+1 nailed it. Give it another game to see what a few people churn out. Didn't see the game but he'd have to been on the radar for next week for coaches...

Bully

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 08, 2015, 01:16:28 PM

I saw the game and I was mighty impressed with Sam, his kicking was pinpoint and long, he looked quick across the turf and had that aura of back line general. Everything that Walker did in his breakout season Docherty replicated on Thursday, he is firmly on my watch list.

GoLions

Out of the 5 sooks kids that left Brisbane, Docherty is the one that hurt the most. Will definitely see how he goes this week, and maybe look to bring him in then if possible.

Not gonna move the Earth to get him in though.

Holden the ball

I am a carlton supporter myslef  :( but honestly the ball is gonna be in their back half a fair bit so docherty will do a bit of rebounding
he is defs a upgrade option for me

Jroo

He took heaps of intercept marks, which gets you good points. If he can keep doing that he should score well. Every chance to be a top 10 defender this year. I'm pissed off because I had him last year haha.

Mat0369

He looked to have significantly improved his disposal compared to last season. He was a bit of a butcher in the past but some of his passes were superb.

AlexIsOnFire

With Carltons messed up forward line I expext Walker to swing forward a bit, so don't think it will impact Docherty....

He played off the wing at times and doesn't seem to get any attention.... Def on my watch list for post rd 2

MC

I had him for the entire preseason and had to trade him down to KK because T Mitch didn't cut it... so pissed! 50 vs 140+ fmsc

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 08, 2015, 08:27:47 PM
He looked to have significantly improved his disposal compared to last season. He was a bit of a butcher in the past but some of his passes were superb.
How will the inclusion of Walker affect him mate?

Trindacut

I just can't bring myself to consider him after only one week. Maybe next week.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on April 09, 2015, 09:23:07 AM
How will the inclusion of Walker affect him mate?

I want Walker to play forward and if he does it shouldn't hurt him at all. If Walker goes back I think it just means Simmo and Docherty spend more time on the wing which could help his scoring or Yaz goes forward which will kill his