After much deliberation...

Started by prozz710, March 17, 2015, 10:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prozz710

Hey guys, here's my current side sitting a few weeks out from the season.

BACKS: K.Simpson, M.Hibberd, J.Newnes, H.Lumumba, K.Jaksch, H.Goddard (S.Edwards, J.Hamling)
MIDS: S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, J.Watson, R.Griffen, I.Heeney, B.Boekhorst, C.Ellis-Yolmen (N.Freeman, J.Steele, Ad. Saad)
RUCKS: N.Naitanui, M.Leuenberger (M.Cox)
FWDS: B.Goddard, D.Martin, H.Bennell, D.Swan, T.Bellchambers, M.Clark (J.Hogan, K.Lambert)

$31,800 Left in the bank.

- Not 100% sold on Jaksch, alternative options?
- Undecided on getting in Goldy and going set and forget with no DPP R/F
- Is NVB a must have in the mids?

All help will be much appreciated,
Cheers

barj

Hey Prozz

I think you've sunk too much coin into your Fwd line.
Theres plenty of rookies looking available that should be taking the spots held by your D5 and maybe even D4

Freeing up this cash m would help you strengthen your R2, D5 and D6

No Ablett is always risky (or crazy) but i can see why some are hesitant with all the talk around his shoulder.
I think the only straight swap alternative to Jaksch is Macmillan, who looks like a decent stepping stone.
NVB is a must IMO, great Js and should push 70 odd scores until you want to upgrade.

My changes would be (without counting the coins)
Goddard and Bellchambers -> Salem and Daniel
L'Berger ->Goldy or better
H.Goddard to best Def you can afford after that.

Goodluck!

prozz710

If i was to stick with Leuenberger, I think that Belly in the forwards is a must, especially with the injury history of Naitanui and Leuey.

Apart from his JS, will NVB be much more value that a rookie. Bearing in mind i would have the choice of 3 rookies on the bench and his replacement if I go without. Surely all together there JS is equal, and similar scoring potential, while also freeing up a cheeky $100k. Regardless, I've made a few changes, thoughts??

BACKS: K.Simpson, H.Shaw, M.Hibberd, J.Newnes, H.Lumumba, H.Goddard (S.Edwards, J.Hamling)
MIDS: S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, J.Watson, R.Griffen, N.Van Berlo, I.Heeney, B.Boekhorst (N.Freeman, J.Steele, Ad.Saad)
RUCKS: N.Naitanui, M.Leuenberger (T.Read)
FWDS: D.Martin, H.Bennell, D.Swan, T.Bellchambers, C.Salem, M.Clark (J.Hogan, K.Lambert)

$63,100 left in bank