Main Menu

Corkascrew

Started by Corkascrew, March 16, 2015, 08:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corkascrew

DEF: H. Shaw, M. Johnson, J. Newnes, S. Higgins, T. Hunt,
N. Brown
(A. Saad, J. Hamling)

MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, P. Dangerfield, R. Griffen, A. Swallow, B. Newton, B. Boekhorst,
A. Vandenberg
(K. Amon, N. Freeman, N. Krakouer)

RUC: S. Mumford, N. Naitanui
(M. Cox)

FWD: D. Martin, H. Bennell, D. Swan, T. Mitchell, C. Salem, M. Clark (T. Lamb, K. Lambert)

CASH LEFT: $130,300

Byes: 2/4/2 - 2/3/6 - 0/1/2 - 2/3/3 = 6/11/13
(in the format of R11/R12/R13)
Any thoughts or comments much appreciated

barj

I think your def is too weak.

Consider perhaps TMitch into Hogan then upgrading Higgins, Hunt and Brown.
Maybe even turn Griff/Swallow into NVB and a super Prem and then use those extra funds to strengthen your backs

prozz710

I agree with Barj.

While your mid->fwds looks great, you've sacrificed too much down back. I really dont see T.Hunt being SC relevant this year, Higgins might be ok if you want him as a bit of a POD/breakout chance at a new club.

I'd use a downgrade on maybe TMitch in order to strengthen your backline

BomberSam

I like that you have gone down to D5 in your defence, but I agree with Barj and Prozz, it may need a bit more of an investment. Games will be won and lost in the defence this year. As Prozz suggested, Titch is the one to downgrade.

I like Shaw and Newnes, good picks. I feel that Higgins could be a good pick, but Lumumba squeezed into my team narrowly ahead of him. Johnson could be a good POD pick, but I didn't like the end to his season last year, an average of 71.6 over his last 6 games including 4 scores below 70. Looks good this pre-season though. Taylor Hunt could be okay, but I would upgrade him.

Your structure is similar to mine, D5 and M5, I have only gone to 3 in the forward line though, many good rookies. I would advise keeping the same midfield structure, 4 is not enough in my opinion, must go at least 5 premos deep.