Ben's Supercoach 2015

Started by ben_020285, December 23, 2014, 10:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

ben_020285

Quote from: ben_020285 on February 03, 2015, 04:38:16 PM
I now have a team which has 15 players that I think will be keepers as well as Waters.

Here it is:

DEF: Simpson, Hibberd, Birchall, Hurn, Newnes (MID), Waters (Wigg, Viojo-Rainbow)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Dangerfield, Boekhorst, Freeman, Amon, Miller (McKenzie (DEF), Krakouer (FWD), Lambert (FWD))

RUC: Goldstein, Naitanui (Read (FWD))

FWD: Deledio (MID), Goddard (MID), Swan (MID), Mitchell (MID), Clark, Hogan (Steele (MID), Daniel)

$2000 left

Changes from my last team are:

Edwards --> Simpson
Ward --> Dangerfield
Martin --> Mitchell
Bellchambers --> Steele

A few changes from my last team with the main change being Bellchambers getting the boot. I can completely understand anybody who picks him, especially those with either Leuey or Kreuzer or both, and it is a risk to go without him but I am just hoping that the very reliable Goldy stays reliable and Nic Nat can stay injury free. Trades will be required if either of them miss games so fingers crossed that doesn't happen!

I have also pushed Waters to D6 now as I have very little hope of DEF rookies being available this season. My hope is that there are at least 3 so I can have 2 on my DEF bench and a DEF/MID in my mids to create a link. If there are more rookies available in DEF then I may change the structure of my side.

Some will say that they don't think Newnes or Mitchell will be keepers but at this stage I project Newnes to average 90 - 95 which is enough for a DEF keeper and Mitchell to average 95 - 100 which is enough for a FWD keeper. Will be watching both Newnes and Mitchell very closely during NAB.

I am not a fan of the more expensive rookies and I think there will be enough cheaper rookies available in the MID and FWD lines. In saying that, if a Dom Tyson type or two pops up during NAB then I may need to sacrifice a 'keeper'.

If I need to upgrade the really cheap rookies such as Lambert or Krak then I will either swap Deledio for Dusty or Simpson for B Smith or both if need be.

Thoughts?

Anybody else have thoughts on my latest side? All I've heard is comments about rookies which at the moment none of us really know which ones will line up round 1.

I am aware that it is a possibility that I may need to spend more on rookies but on the other hand I may be able to leave my team as it is if enough cheaper rookies are named round 1. I guess you could say that my side is a best case scenario type of lineup.

I have bolded a couple of parts that some others may have missed before posting their comments.

RaisyDaisy

Besides what I always mentioned it's a great team man

You've got the deepest backline I've seen - cant get any better than that. You've also managed to get 4 forwards into the team plus 2 premium rucks

Besides the possibility of needing more money to get more expensive rookies, everything else looks really great :)

If your not going with ruck coverage, then get rid of Read for Cox. Might as well bank a few k

ben_020285

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 04, 2015, 12:12:18 PM
Besides what I always mentioned it's a great team man

You've got the deepest backline I've seen - cant get any better than that. You've also managed to get 4 forwards into the team plus 2 premium rucks

Besides the possibility of needing more money to get more expensive rookies, everything else looks really great :)

If your not going with ruck coverage, then get rid of Read for Cox. Might as well bank a few k

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed with the cheapies.

Have swapped Read for Cox now as suggested. Read does seem to have a bit more flexibility for the captain loophole but at this stage I'll probably be running with a MID/FWD floating donut (Krak) for loopholing purposes. I'm actually hoping that Krak doesn't play straight away but gets named later in the year.

palloui

Backline is great, gonna have to do something similar myself. Good rookies in defence are scarce so its good to load up, only concern is whether the guns you pick will be top defenders by seasons end, but I like the premiums youve chosen and shouldnt have any problems with that!

ben_020285

Post first week of NAB team:

DEF: Simpson, Smith, Hibberd, Birchall, Newnes (MID), Hamling (Maynard (MID), Saad (MID))

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, JPK, Lang, Anderson, Boekhorst, Laverde (FWD), (Freeman, Miller, Lambert (FWD))

RUC: Natanui, Leuenberger (Read (FWD))

FWD: Deledio (MID), Goddard (MID), D Martin (MID), Swan (MID), Salem, Clark (Karnezis, Hogan)

$3600 left.

By turning Goldy into Leuey it's allowed me to upgrade Hurn to Smith, Danger to JPK, T Mitchell to Dusty and upgrade some cheap rookie priced players to more expensive ones. I think that Goldy will average more than Leuey but Leuey is a much better value pick. Chances are that I will need to upgrade Leuey but I'd rather wait and see which premium ruckman benefits most with these new ruck rules. I have a feeling that the ruckmen with the really high hitout numbers will be the most disadvantaged. No ruck coverage is a risk but I plan on bringing coverage in asap, most likely Ryder hopefully after a price drop as he is getting used to life at Port.

Thoughts on this team?

RaisyDaisy

$3600 doesn't really leave you with much room to move, and there is every chance that rookies will change come rd1 and you will need more cash, especially with the defender rookies you have got

Might as well change Read to Cox to get a few more k

I think Karnezis and Hogan is too much depth in the forwards and I would be more than happy to field one of them, meaning you could downgrade one of your premo forwards to get more cash to use elsewhere

Nice looking team overall mate :)

ben_020285

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 02, 2015, 07:50:20 PM
$3600 doesn't really leave you with much room to move, and there is every chance that rookies will change come rd1 and you will need more cash, especially with the defender rookies you have got

Might as well change Read to Cox to get a few more k

I think Karnezis and Hogan is too much depth in the forwards and I would be more than happy to field one of them, meaning you could downgrade one of your premo forwards to get more cash to use elsewhere

Nice looking team overall mate :)

Thanks for the reply mate.

Having Read there gives me more captain loophole choices so I'll keep him there.

Karnezis and Hogan can both be on the field by simply swapping 2 of my mid/fwd rookies with 2 of Lids/Goddard/Dusty/Swan and then moving the 2 mid/fwd rookies to my fwd bench.

Yeah I could turn Deledio to T Mitchell for an extra 150k for rookies if need be but I much prefer Lids. I'm not interested in NVB but Biggs, Newton or Cripps might come in if they look really good in NAB. I would prefer to not pick any 200k+ rookie priced players though.

Money Shot

Great side not sure on even one of Hamling, Maynard and Saad getting up though :'(
would love your thoughts on mine.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: ben_020285 on March 02, 2015, 07:40:48 PM
Post first week of NAB team:

DEF: Simpson, Smith, Hibberd, Birchall, Newnes (MID), Hamling (Maynard (MID), Saad (MID))

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, JPK, Lang, Anderson, Boekhorst, Laverde (FWD), (Freeman, Miller, Lambert (FWD))

RUC: Natanui, Leuenberger (Read (FWD))

FWD: Deledio (MID), Goddard (MID), D Martin (MID), Swan (MID), Salem, Clark (Karnezis, Hogan)

$3600 left.

By turning Goldy into Leuey it's allowed me to upgrade Hurn to Smith, Danger to JPK, T Mitchell to Dusty and upgrade some cheap rookie priced players to more expensive ones. I think that Goldy will average more than Leuey but Leuey is a much better value pick. Chances are that I will need to upgrade Leuey but I'd rather wait and see which premium ruckman benefits most with these new ruck rules. I have a feeling that the ruckmen with the really high hitout numbers will be the most disadvantaged. No ruck coverage is a risk but I plan on bringing coverage in asap, most likely Ryder hopefully after a price drop as he is getting used to life at Port.

Thoughts on this team?

I'm not sure on Smith, think he may struggle to reach the same heights as 2014. Also Leuey may be a risk, can you try and get Z Smith instead? Only an extra $51k vs Leuey. Love the forward line, very strong mate

Mantis

Love this team mate.

Defense - Strong backline, only concern I do have with 5 prem defense is more pressure to nail those picks. The premiums you picked though look good.
Mids - Great prem-rookie mids, would b very confident in saying you have selected 4 of the top 10 mids, all 4 r super prems.
I am a fan of the 5 prem mids but reckon you have spent the cash well elsewhere, so hard to fault it.
Rucks - calculated risks, lue is your only mid pricer. With 30 trades you can take those risks, I reckon he is worth a punt.
Forwards- perfect, can't fault it. Would be my first 4 selected also, add gray n Franklin through out the year and that forward line is complete. Great rookies to.

13-14 keepers which is impressive. Newnes only 1 I'm still unsure of as a premium. Can see why ppl r taking the punt on him though

Ringo

Nice team Ben - Another different structure to consider.  Like it and team looks good.

Only issue as I see is that there is not enough wriggle room with rookies if they do not get up for round 1 so you may have to tweak a little.

Jackross10

ben_020285

Quote from: Jackross10 on March 11, 2015, 10:26:28 PM
It's okay

You're missing the point but thanks for putting in the effort of searching for my team a few pages back.

sammy123

Not to bad ben. Like the structure and the premiums selected. Only thing is be careful selecting leuy with stefan martin playing at the same time. Other than that good selections