Batting Deep into the MIDs

Started by timtim, March 09, 2015, 05:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timtim

Thinking of an alternate structure to most teams and the more I look at it, the more I like it and wanted to get your thoughts.

DEF: Simpson, Newnes, Higgins, C.Pearce, S.Edwards, Goddard (Saad, Durdin)

MID: Gaz, Pendles, Jelwood, Beams, J.Lewis, Griffen, Newton, Heeney (Vanderberg, Freeman, Lambert)

RUC: Goldy, Minnow (Cox)

FWD: Goddard, Dusty, Swan, Clark, Hogan, C.Daniel (Steele, Lamb)

12 premos in total (hopefully 14 keepers when you include Higgins and Pearce) - the key difference here is that I'm batting really deep in the mids with Griffen at M6

Not sold on loading up on def premos given that 80 is the pass mark, similarly there are great options down front to take advantage of. There are great rookies in the MIDs but with most of them being $200k+ their cash generation ability is not quite there.

A lot of this will depend on which rookies are named round 1, but I'm warming to the thought of a deeper midfield with the view to upgrade def and fwd once we have a better idea of who is going to stand up this year

Thoughts??

AaronKirk

You have 4, maybe 5 players in your defence who may not play round one.

Mids are too deep. Need to cut one premo, maybe 2 and plug up the defence.

timtim

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 09, 2015, 05:16:13 PM

Yes agree, this strategy lives and die by the number of named DEF rookies (but then doesn't everything this year, haha).

Will probably cut one MID prem, but thinking this could work assuming DEF rookies are named

AaronKirk

Quote from: timtim on March 09, 2015, 05:19:07 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on March 09, 2015, 05:16:13 PM

Yes agree, this strategy lives and die by the number of named DEF rookies (but then doesn't everything this year, haha).

Will probably cut one MID prem, but thinking this could work assuming DEF rookies are named

This is what he are hoping, but it isn't looking good.

arbel

Defence looks a bit weak but think everyone is in the same boat. If the defender rookies get up for round 1 you'll see more team like yours ... but its looking more likely that they won't in which case this team will need to be changed a bit to get the backline players in ...

There are quite a few mid rookies around that 120k mark that should be playing, i'd get them in otherwise could be missing out on some good cash.

Ringo

My only concern with batting deep in mids is where your upgrade cash is coming from as we know from previous years mid rook usually make the most cash.  Could mean you are struggling to upgrade when other teams have caught and passed you.

If however you are happy with this structure then go ahead,