Main Menu

Sandilands in sight of GC

Started by RaisyDaisy, March 08, 2015, 11:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Ringo

Interesting development that surfaced last night.  hard to see  Freo giving up Sandi though whilst still in premiership window. may be different if they win the premiership this year though.

Suns trying to buy a premiership whilst Ablett still at his peak.

nrich102

Thought Gold Coast had enough big men :o

kilbluff1985

yeah i think it's stupid getting Sandi for a year might cause a younger ruckmen to leave

anchorman

Might be a good chance to get back some of our good young West Aussie boys for the future.

elephants

Quote from: anchorman on March 09, 2015, 12:13:01 AM
Might be a good chance to get back some of our good young West Aussie boys for the future.

Sandi is set to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season and good luck getting GC to part with any substantial kids in a trade for him :p

Ringo

Quote from: elephants on March 09, 2015, 02:00:05 AM

Sandi is set to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season and good luck getting GC to part with any substantial kids in a trade for him :p
Will be interesting to see what the compensation pick would be for him if he were to go to Coast.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ringo on March 09, 2015, 10:34:10 AM
Quote from: elephants on March 09, 2015, 02:00:05 AM

Will be interesting to see what the compensation pick would be for him if he were to go to Coast.

probs second round... similar situation to malceski you'd think.

valkorum

The compensation would prob be a 1st round due to the contract size being talked about.

Although I am not sure about whether I would like this or not.  Ask me this at the beginning of last season (or the one before, old and losing my memory) and I prob would have taken it.  I was open to trading him for the right price.

Ask me about it at the end of the season and I may be interested in it again... but again it would need to be a trade and not a a free agent signing.  Would hate to lose him for a compo pick

The_Captain

How old is Sandi anyway? If GC wanna waste money on him let them go for it... I think he only has 1 decent year left in him anyway. So Dockers will get the best out of him anyway. Gc can just waste money on an expired ruckman...

Big Mac

Quote from: valkorum on March 09, 2015, 11:34:41 AM
The compensation would prob be a 1st round due to the contract size being talked about.

Definitely wouldn't be a 1st rounder - He's 32 and would probably only get a 1-2 year contract

valkorum

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 09, 2015, 12:24:08 PM
Quote from: valkorum on March 09, 2015, 11:34:41 AM

Definitely wouldn't be a 1st rounder - He's 32 and would probably only get a 1-2 year contract

Rumours of $1m (if true) will bump up the compensation.  The fact that Sandi is one of the highest paid at Freo will also bump up the compo.  Obviously age and length of contract will go against him

Ziplock

if it's like 1mil 1 year, I dunno it's 50/50 if it'll be first round or second.

valkorum

I would still prefer a trade over a free agent signing.  Stating the obvious aren't I :)