Goldstein V Maric V Naitanui

Started by quinny88, January 13, 2015, 07:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 22, 2015, 05:00:37 PM
Quote from: ben_020285 on January 20, 2015, 09:18:58 AM
I think R1/R2 is the toughest decision that we have for our sides this year. There's no right or wrong way of going about it and every combo has their pros and cons.

I have had all of Goldy, Maric, Nic Nat, Kreuzer and Leuey as either R1 or R2 at some stage and the current setup that I have is in no way locked in.

I still believe that with whichever combo you choose it's important to have a RUC/FWD link unless you're prepared to burn through trades.

The new ruck rules will result in the mean average for ruckman dropping considerably but I think it is just a very small part of the puzzle and I wouldn't focus too much on it to be honest. Yes players like Sauce and Mumford will most likely have a steep drop in average/price and Goldy might stay around the same average/price but it may not be worth picking up Kreuzer and/or Leuey just because it's likely that they will increase in price. I don't think either Kreuzer or Leuey will be keepers so keep that in mind if you are deciding to start with them. If you're ok with that then go for it.

The other key thing to remember is that if you go with either Leuey or Kreuzer or both then if either of them get injured and they haven't yet made much money then you are going to find it extremely difficult to afford a decent replacement. I think it's ok to go for one of them as long as you have a RUC/FWD link but I think going with both of them is playing with fire and has the potential to completely derail your season.

I'm going with a set + forget strategy. If Nic Nat or Goldy get injured I will have to burn a trade.

Would rather burn a trade replacing a set and forget ruck than having to burn 2 trades to upgrade a Fwd/ruck like Belly or Lycett etc who are not going to be good enough to be keepers.

The point I agree with is Leuey and Kreuz. Picking both is madness, Picking one is fine as long as you have plan in place if the rucks go balls up.

As a Bombers fan, what are your thoughts on the possibility of Bellchambers averaging around the 90 mark and being a very handy F7 by season's end that can also cover our rucks?

He has averaged 96.5 when playing without Ryder over the last 3 years.

AaronKirk

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 22, 2015, 05:32:00 PM
I think R1/R2 is the toughest decision that we have for our sides this year. There's no right or wrong way of going about it and every combo has their pros and cons.

I have had all of Goldy, Maric, Nic Nat, Kreuzer and Leuey as either R1 or R2 at some stage and the current setup that I have is in no way locked in.

I still believe that with whichever combo you choose it's important to have a RUC/FWD link unless you're prepared to burn through trades.

The new ruck rules will result in the mean average for ruckman dropping considerably but I think it is just a very small part of the puzzle and I wouldn't focus too much on it to be honest. Yes players like Sauce and Mumford will most likely have a steep drop in average/price and Goldy might stay around the same average/price but it may not be worth picking up Kreuzer and/or Leuey just because it's likely that they will increase in price. I don't think either Kreuzer or Leuey will be keepers so keep that in mind if you are deciding to start with them. If you're ok with that then go for it.

The other key thing to remember is that if you go with either Leuey or Kreuzer or both then if either of them get injured and they haven't yet made much money then you are going to find it extremely difficult to afford a decent replacement. I think it's ok to go for one of them as long as you have a RUC/FWD link but I think going with both of them is playing with fire and has the potential to completely derail your season.

I'm going with a set + forget strategy. If Nic Nat or Goldy get injured I will have to burn a trade.

Would rather burn a trade replacing a set and forget ruck than having to burn 2 trades to upgrade a Fwd/ruck like Belly or Lycett etc who are not going to be good enough to be keepers.

The point I agree with is Leuey and Kreuz. Picking both is madness, Picking one is fine as long as you have plan in place if the rucks go balls up.

As a Bombers fan, what are your thoughts on the possibility of Bellchambers averaging around the 90 mark and being a very handy F7 by season's end that can also cover our rucks?

Giles will be the number 1 ruck without doubt.

Belly still needs to get match fit. Had a torrid run with injury and tends to have problems once he gets on the park.

Early in the season I'd suspect he would spend about 70% of the time forward. If he stays fit that may become 50/50 but that is only if he gets consistent game time.

Also I doubt he will play every game. I could easily see him getting rested during the season to manage his loads and get him towards finals.

From an average perspective an average around 75-85 is a realistic prediction. I cannot see him getting toward 90+

ben_020285

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 22, 2015, 06:09:26 PM

Belly still needs to get match fit. Had a torrid run with injury and tends to have problems once he gets on the park.

Early in the season I'd suspect he would spend about 70% of the time forward. If he stays fit that may become 50/50 but that is only if he gets consistent game time.

Also I doubt he will play every game. I could easily see him getting rested during the season to manage his loads and get him towards finals.

From an average perspective an average around 75-85 is a realistic prediction. I cannot see him getting toward 90+

Very interesting. Appreciate the insight.

eaglesman

Quote from: meow meow on January 19, 2015, 04:10:09 PM
Quote from: Holz on January 19, 2015, 03:35:11 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 19, 2015, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: djbics on January 19, 2015, 03:21:17 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 19, 2015, 03:11:21 PM
Todd wishes he averaged 30% hitouts to advantage. Try 25%.

Thanks meow meow.

Old system (34x.25)x 3 + 23.8 = 49.3
new system (34x.25)x 5 =42.5

Difference of about 7 points per game

Haha it's actually 29%, I was just trying to get Holz to bite.

ill let it go, I did my bit. If people don't want to pick up Goldy than that helps my pursuit for overall.

I have a sneaky feeling you might be a Goldy owner Meow ;)

Not yet. I'll trade Mummy to him when Mummy gets injured.

1: STK: Hickey - Mummy will slaughter him. They both went huge last time since Hickey was scared to play at the same end of the ground.

2: MELB: Fkn retire already Jamar

3: SYD: MIKE PYKE!

4: GCFC: 2 skinny doges

5: WCE: NN will probably be injured by then

6: HAW: Poor stoppage rucks

7: CARL: Little Kreuzer or useless Warnock/Wood

8: ADEL: First real challenge

9: WB: Tough

10: BL: Stefan isn't even a ruck, he's a big midfielder

11: Collingwood: Both still developing

12: North Melbourne: Tough

Looking at that makes mummy look ominous! No one has a higher ceiling than mummy

quinny88

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 22, 2015, 06:09:26 PM

Don't think that will be an issue :P

Ricochet

Quote from: eaglesman on January 22, 2015, 07:46:11 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 19, 2015, 04:10:09 PM
Quote from: Holz on January 19, 2015, 03:35:11 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 19, 2015, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: djbics on January 19, 2015, 03:21:17 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 19, 2015, 03:11:21 PM
Todd wishes he averaged 30% hitouts to advantage. Try 25%.

Thanks meow meow.

Old system (34x.25)x 3 + 23.8 = 49.3
new system (34x.25)x 5 =42.5

Difference of about 7 points per game

Haha it's actually 29%, I was just trying to get Holz to bite.

ill let it go, I did my bit. If people don't want to pick up Goldy than that helps my pursuit for overall.

I have a sneaky feeling you might be a Goldy owner Meow ;)

Not yet. I'll trade Mummy to him when Mummy gets injured.

1: STK: Hickey - Mummy will slaughter him. They both went huge last time since Hickey was scared to play at the same end of the ground.

2: MELB: Fkn retire already Jamar

3: SYD: MIKE PYKE!

4: GCFC: 2 skinny doges

5: WCE: NN will probably be injured by then

6: HAW: Poor stoppage rucks

7: CARL: Little Kreuzer or useless Warnock/Wood

8: ADEL: First real challenge

9: WB: Tough

10: BL: Stefan isn't even a ruck, he's a big midfielder

11: Collingwood: Both still developing

12: North Melbourne: Tough

Looking at that makes mummy look ominous! No one has a higher ceiling than mummy
Nic Nat and Mummy combo with Lobb on the bench could be interesting. Who's the other GWS ruckmen now that Giles has gone? Phillips is the only other one I can think of off the top of my head

quinny88

Results of this poll making me even more tempted to go with Maric

Jackross10

Don't know really where to post so thought here is relevant. I have had Goldy and Nui locked for 100% of my pre season. Have just had a think and realised this.

Goldy 110 + Steele 50 (Fwd Rookie) = 160
vs
Kreuzer 85/90 + Dusty 105 = 190ish.

Has made me change my mind for the moment, can anyone change it back?

SydneyRox

I am firmly on the Nic Nat train. Hopefully it leads to victory and not injury

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Jackross10 on January 30, 2015, 04:13:02 PM
Don't know really where to post so thought here is relevant. I have had Goldy and Nui locked for 100% of my pre season. Have just had a think and realised this.

vs

Steele is far from a walk up starter. I hope he plays, but with so many good kids coming into their 2nd-4th seasons I don't expect Steele to play much

Martin has never averaged 105 so not sure why he would now, even though it's possible, and who knows what Mick is going to do with Krooz

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 30, 2015, 04:28:21 PM

vs

Steele is far from a walk up starter. I hope he plays, but with so many good kids coming into their 2nd-4th seasons I don't expect Steele to play much

Martin has never averaged 105 so not sure why he would now, even though it's possible, and who knows what Mick is going to do with Krooz
Think Martin is a big big chacne to go 105+ this year

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-30/jobe-the-second?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DUSTIN Martin will be challenged to take his midfield game to a new level in 2015 and become like Jobe Watson, Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says.

After an impressive third finish in the best and fairest, Martin is entering his sixth AFL season having added attacking weapons to his repertoire.

In the Tigers' run to the finals the 23-year-old became a match winner more than once when pushed forward to win crucial contests.

While Hardwick wants Martin to remain an explosive option inside 50 this season, he says it's time he became a midfield force much like the Essendon skipper on a more permanent basis.

"We think his running capacity has really improved over the course of his pre-seasons he's had with us, and we feel for him to take that next step as a player it's going to be the majority of him playing midfield," Hardwick told AFL.com.au.

"He needs to become a contested ball king, a tackle king in that area, much like a Jobe Watson type of player that's capable of setting up the game from the middle of the ground.

"We look forward to giving him that opportunity."

ben_020285

vs

It's Goldy, Rookie and 214k vs Kreuzer & Dusty

I would take Goldy, Rookie and 214k.

honza

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 30, 2015, 04:28:21 PM

vs

Don't expect Warnock to be winning many taps in the back line, put it that way.

Wood will relieve Warnock, Kreuz will rotate ruck/forward.

And NicNat will absolutely smash this year.

Jackross10

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 30, 2015, 04:32:01 PM

vs

Oh shiet. For some reason I was calculations 300k dinference between Goldy and Kruz haha woops :)

Holz

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 30, 2015, 04:32:01 PM

vs

Or goldy Walters v kreuz Martin.

I know which one I would go.