The tanking strat

Started by pommyadam, January 19, 2015, 08:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pommyadam

So, I've decided to go a little crazy, and create 3 teams which all share one thing in common - all 30 players share the same bye
Now, I want you to decide which team you think is best

NOTE: These teams were made purely for humour
my thoughts on these teams are posted below

Round 11:
Hodge, Simpson, Mayes, Vlastuin, R Henderson, Whitecross (Dick, Fuller)
Rockliff, Lewis, Sloane, D Beams, Van Berlo, Rich, Boekhorst, C Smith (Cripps, C Smith)
Leuenberger, Kreuzer (Soldo, O'Brien)
D Martin, Deledio, Dahlhaus, D Thomas, J Freeman, C Daniel (T Boyd, L McBean)
Spare: 90k

Round 12:
Malceski, Hibberd, Newnes, C Pearce, Gilbert, Z Jones (Goddard, A Johnson)
Ablett, Barlow, Pendlebury, Steven, Neale, Heeney, Laverde, Acres (Morabito, Kavanagh)
Sandilands, Nicholls (Nankervis, Cox)
Goddard, Franklin, Swan, J Martin, Bellchambers, Sylvia (Markworth, B Reid)
Spare: 1k

Round 13:
Kelly, H Shaw, Hurn, Lumumba, Yeo, Waters (Vickers-Willis, J Kolo)
Priddis, J Selwood, Treloar, A Swallow, Caddy, Brayshaw, Dumont, Newton (Neal-Bullen, Vandenberg)
Goldstein, Lycett (King, Read)
Harvey, D Smith, J Kelly, Petracca, Hogan, Clark (Menzel, Krakouer)
Spare: 15k

kilbluff1985

Bill Manspeaker

Mr.Craig

pommyadam

my thoughts:

round 11 has a great defence line, with 2 premos and a bunch of breakout contenders. 4 premo mids has me with a captain choice, as well as a decent forward line. But tails off quickly with the lack of midpricers, and a ruckline with is very dodgy, especially with no cover in case of injury

round 12 has 3 def keepers, and 3 great captain options in the midfield. also provides some cover in case of a ruck injury (Cox and Belly both DPP) as well as 3 keeper forwards. Couple of breakout contenders (Steven, Neale, C Pearce/Gilbert) should see an increase in cash, as well as some excellent rookie selections

round 13 sees a more solid team, but lacks any real keepers in the defence line. A few breakout contenders in the midfield, but no great captain option (at least compared to Rocky/Gaj). but seems to be the only team with a great ruckline, and a couple of keepers in the forward line. Seems a bit Dee-centric in the rookie department, which may come back to bite if they take big beatings.

personally, it's close between round 11 and round 12 - do you want a secure-ish ruckline, or 4 genuine premos in the midfield?
round 11 has the slight edge because I actually want most of that defense line (pity about them all sharing it though)