Who IYO are the most likely defenders between 300 and 150 k less Brown ??

Started by Sabretooth Tigers, January 22, 2015, 11:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

In team class 144, that's right, my 144th go at getting it close to the NAB experience,who is the best player for immediate points with possibly some chance of an breaking out ?? For some totally unknown reason I'm not sold on Newnes.  My current def in this team is:-
Simpson,   Smith,   Shaw,   ___,   Waters,   Brown,                     //Goddard,   H Wigg
I actually have $445,100 in cash but WANT to retain 2 or 300 k   for that player that starts hot in Rd.1   who's not in my team. Last year it was D Swallow. I had the side cash available so didn't have to sideways trade. Would like to be in the same position this year if possible.     Cheers.    :-\     Your thoughts   ----  anything   ??                   :)

ben_020285

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 22, 2015, 11:14:24 AM

In team class 144, that's right, my 144th go at getting it close to the NAB experience,who is the best player for immediate points with possibly some chance of an breaking out ?? For some totally unknown reason I'm not sold on Newnes.  My current def in this team is:-
Simpson,   Smith,   Shaw,   ___,   Waters,   Brown,                     //Goddard,   H Wigg
I actually have $445,100 in cash but WANT to retain 2 or 300 k   for that player that starts hot in Rd.1   who's not in my team. Last year it was D Swallow. I had the side cash available so didn't have to sideways trade. Would like to be in the same position this year if possible.     Cheers.    :-\     Your thoughts   ----  anything   ??                   :)

Are you saying you're planning on having 200 - 300k left over?

That's crazy talk!

GoLions

I know you're saying you want cash left over, but it'd probably be easier to free up 50k or whatever and just start Hibberd IMO

Sabretooth Tigers

Thanks guys. Money over strategy is definitely the way to go for me. And by that I mean having the cash to finalize my starting team before Rd. 3, not for having just sitting in the bank.  In this particular team, trying to create teams for different eventualities,  the rest of the lines are final for pre NAB. So it's only the defence position can be altered. Yeo and Seedsman just went on to my NAB checklist and thanks RD.  This is the one position I just can't quite nail. Was looking at Newnes and Ibbo for   the money I had but still want some one cheaper if available. Thanks and cheers to all.    ;)

Sabretooth Tigers

:(
I can get Hibberd and have 130k free if I go Nicnat and Kreuzer instead of Nicnat and Goldy.  But  would prefer to keep that option for flexibility after the NAB.     ;)

Sabretooth Tigers

???

Gonna throw one in for discussion. Depending on form and where played during the NAB,  Clancee Pearce   (Freo)   $278,900  ??

:-\

Hoggyz_a_legend

What do people think of Jamie Macmillan? Will he get back into the best 22 or will he stay a fringe player?

eaglesman

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on January 26, 2015, 02:59:56 PM
What do people think of Jamie Macmillan? Will he get back into the best 22 or will he stay a fringe player?

Think he can and is best 22 ... Will pick him with nab form and no rookie options

Sabretooth Tigers

Footsgray supporters how about Johannisen, have a quiet feeling about this guy.     ???

meow meow

theta

I've been struggling with the same question.  The answers I have aren't very appealing.

Gilbert
Sheehan
Pearce
Morris
Rohan
Waters
Goodes
Colquhoun
Jones
Moore
Lever

redfield

Waters picks himself IMO. I have a soft spot for Goodes but that could be a long shot. I guess it depends on what Beveridge thinks of him. Gilbert could be an interesting one.