WXV Official Trade Confirmation 2024

Started by Purple 77, August 25, 2024, 12:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Hey all :)

TRADE SEASON IS OPEN

Trade rules:

- You can't submit a list lodgement where your total salary is below the minimum cap. If you do, you will lose your first round draft pick in 2025, and also 4 premiership points for the 2025 season.
- You can go over the maximum cap, provided you cut it down in your list lodgment
- Trades can be any combination of players and picks
- You can trade priority picks, picks in the first 6 rounds of the International draft AND the first 6 rounds of the International draft next year
- Available list spots will be worth 100k each in your cap, with exception to top 10 draft picks which are worth:
          - Pick 1 = 200k
          - Pick 2 = 190k
          - Pick 9 = 120k
          - Pick 10 = 110k
- You can't trade a currently retired player.
- You can trade draft picks (unrestricted) until a day out from final AFL list lodgments (date is still being decided)

Start date: Monday 26 August 5:30:00 pm AEST

Finish date (players): TBC, sometime mid-to-late November

Live pick trading (picks): Between commencement of the international draft and its closure

In appropriate intervals, I will put trades up for a vote.

List trades as:

Team X trades: Player Y + Pick Z
Team A trades: Player B + Pick C

*then provide reason and/or insight as to why you did the trade*

The other team must then confirm the trade, and also provide a reason and/or insight as to why they did the trade.

Please just list and confirm trades here! All talk should go to this thread:

WXV Trade Confabulation

Trade Voting

Every coach needs to vote, missing 2 votes consecutively will result in A LOSS OF A DRAFT PICK. So have your assistants in order. The first co-coach vote I receive will count, the second co-coach vote I receive will not.

- 0-3 votes is an auto-pass
- 4-5 votes passes the trade with the admin having the power to reject it
- 6-7 votes fails a trade with the admin having the power to pass it
- 8+ votes is an auto-fail.

You have a week to vote! But don't do that. Do it quicker.

I'll also be disclosing/quoting the reasons why you negged the trade (in a rejected trade) to the coaches involved (via PM), but omitting the authors of the negs.

If I'm not satisfied with your reason why you negged the trade, I simply won't count it. If I feel it is out of being petty or the reason just lacks detail, I won't count it. If you feel strongly enough about a trade, the reasons should be apparent enough for you to articulate them into a couple of sentences.

Trade Etiquette
- If a coach trades a player that you inquired about without getting back to you, PM me with a quote of the message, and I will auto-neg it. It is then expected that the coach enter negotiations with an open-mind to the coach it previously didn't get back to, and once resolved, then the trade will be put back on for voting. Come on guys, this isn't hard and I get sick of it happening.
- Complain all you like (except don't) about the decision of a trade, it won't amount to anything. Please note how futile your whining is to me.
- If you have a genuine complaint, please PM me and we'll talk about it.

International Draft

Date of draft: At the very earliest, the night of the AFL final list lodgment (sometime late November). It will commence once all WXV list lodgments have been submitted and processed by me.

Who can you draft: All players drafted in AFL National Draft, unclaimed supplemental period players, priority access signings, delisted WXV players, players from the AFL preseason draft, players from the AFL Rookie draft, and any other Misc players (Cat B rookies, etc.).

Note that there is no longer a pre-season draft.

Trades

Trade 1
Christchurch trade: Christchurch F4
Cairo trade: Cairo F4

Trade 2
Rio de Janeiro trade: Pick 10
Berlin trade: Aaron Cadman + Dominic Sheed

Trade 3
Dublin trade: Brodie Kemp
Berlin trade: Finnbar Maley + Pick 20

Trade 4
Christchurch trade: Mason Redman + Christchurch F2
Christchurch receive: Hugh McCluggage

Cairo trade: Josh Ward + Pick 35
Cairo receive: Kane McAuliffe + Christchurch F2

Seoul trade: Hugh McCluggage + Kane McAuliffe
Seoul receive: Mason Redman, Josh Ward + Pick 35

Trade 5
Christchurch trade: Pick 60
Mexico City trade: Jake Stringer

Trade 6
PNL trade: Matt Crouch + PNL F2
New York trade: Brady Hough + New York F1

Trade 7
Berlin trade: Koltyn Tholstrup, Harrison Petty, Pick 27 + Berlin F1
Berlin receive: Jordan Ridley, Pick 44 + Cape Town F3

Tokyo trade: Jordan Ridley, Pick 8 + Pick 44
Tokyo receive: Jordon Sweet, Lewis Hayes, Pick 22, Berlin F1 + London F2

London trade: Jordon Sweet, Lewis Hayes + London F2
London receive: Harrison Petty, Pick 8 + Pick 27

Cape Town trade: Pick 15 + Cape Town F3
Cape Town receive: Ben Keays

PNL trade: Ben Keays + Pick 22
PNL receive: Koltyn Tholstrup + Pick 15

Trade 8
Berlin trade: Tom Fullarton, Pick 23 + Cape Town F3
Christchurch trade: Dante Visentini + Pick 78

Trade 9
Berlin trade: Dante Visentini + Thomson Dow
Tokyo trade: Jack Ginnivan + Tokyo F3

Trade 10
Cairo trade: Josh Daicos, Jaspa Fletcher, Cairo F2 + Cairo F3
Rio de Janeiro trade: Tom Barrass, Mason Wood, James Jordon + Pick 21

Trade 11
Dublin trade: Sam Clohesy, Pick 59 + Dublin F2
Tokyo trade: Tokyo F1

Trade 12
Christchurch trade: Ryley Sanders + Pick 6
Berlin trade: Josh Treacy, Mac Andrew + Nathan O'Driscoll

Trade 13
New York trade: Brady Hough, Beau McCreery, New York F1 + New York F2
PNL trade: Matt Crouch + PNL F3

Trade 14
Christchurch trade: Pick 24
Buenos Aires trade: Jeremy Sharp

Trade 15
Christchurch trade: Matthew Johnson, Nathan O'Driscoll, Callum Ah Chee, Jade Gresham + Christchurch F1
Christchurch receive: Adam Treloar, Pick 37 + Beijing F3

Rome trade: Adam Treloar
Rome receive: Josh Battle

Beijing trade: Josh Battle, Pick 37 + Beijing F3
Beijing receive: Matthew Johnson, Nathan O'Driscoll, Callum Ah Chee, Jade Gresham + Christchurch F1

Trade 16
Cape Town trade: Blake Acres, Tanner Bruhn + Isaac Quaynor
London trade: Touk Miller + Pick 28

Trade 17
Mexico City trade: James Aish
Rio de Janeiro trade: Rio de Janeiro F3

Trade 18
Christchurch trade: Michael Frederick
Cairo trade: Jack Payne

Trade 19
Seoul trade: Jack Crisp, Sam Collins + Seoul F2
Rio de Janeiro trade: Lachie Weller, Sam Powell-Pepper + Todd Marshall

Trade 20
New York trade: Bailey Dale, Matt Crouch + Stephen Coniglio
Seoul trade: Jye Caldwell, Massimo D'Ambrossio + Pick 35

Trade 21
New York trade: Rhyan Mansell + Pick 35
New Delhi trade: Jake Lloyd + New Delhi F3

Trade 22
Toronto trade: Dion Prestia, Jacob Bauer + Toronto F1
Cairo trade: Pick 63 + Cairo F1

Trade 23
Toronto trade: Pick 29
New Delhi trade: Ed langdon

Trade 24
Christchurch trade: Pick 23 + Pick 25
Mexico City trade: Pick 16 + Pick 61

Trade 25
PNL trade: Pick 76
Rio de Janeiro trade: Jed McEntee

Trade 26
New York trade: Lachie Neale + Christian Salem
Toronto trade: Jordan Clark + Lachie Sholl

Trade 27
Berlin trade: Pick 44
Cape Town trade: Mitch Duncan

Trade 28
Mexico City trade: Henry Hustwaite, James Leake  + Orazio Fantasia
London trade: Ben Ainsworth, Oliver Henry + Pick 17

Trade 29
Berlin trade: Harrison Jones
Pacific trade: Liam Reidy

Trade 30
New York trade: New York F3
London trade: Pick 50, Pick 72 + Pick 75

Trade 31
New Delhi trade: Conor McKenna, New Delhi F1 + New Delhi F2
Cape town trade: Jack Graham + Pick 32

Koop

Christchurch trade: Future 4th
Cairo trade: Future 4th

Reason: To say we beat everyone to it

Nige to confirm

Nige

Quote from: Koop on August 27, 2024, 06:39:13 PMChristchurch trade: Future 4th
Cairo trade: Future 4th

Reason: To say we beat everyone to it

Nige to confirm
Someone had to be first. Confirmed.

PowerBug

Rio Trade: N10
Berlin Trade: Aaron Cadman, Dominic Sheed.

Two tough players to value, but Aaron Cadman is the kind of player (left footed key forward) who belongs at Rio. We all know how highly he's rated and was picked at N13 two years ago, so N10 for him alone is okay. I say alone because we all know that Dom Sheed genuinely has the downside of never playing AFL again, but the upside is one which would be a great asset to the Rio midfield (oh look another left footer as well).

Purp to confirm.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Purple 77

Quote from: PowerBug on August 29, 2024, 05:59:08 PMRio Trade: N10
Berlin Trade: Aaron Cadman, Dominic Sheed.

Two tough players to value, but Aaron Cadman is the kind of player (left footed key forward) who belongs at Rio. We all know how highly he's rated and was picked at N13 two years ago, so N10 for him alone is okay. I say alone because we all know that Dom Sheed genuinely has the downside of never playing AFL again, but the upside is one which would be a great asset to the Rio midfield (oh look another left footer as well).

Purp to confirm.

Confirmed.

Cadman was my number 1 most asked about player, and was a competitive bidding process. I'm keen on this year's draft, and looking to invest.

Holz

Dublin Trade: Brodie Kemp
Berlin Trade: Pick 20 + Finbar Maley

I have a surplus of backs so adding another top 20 pick in a deep draft and adding Finbar to add to my North talls. Kemp has shown promise and put up 20 games this year but id rather punt on a mid or fwd in the draft as areas of need.

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on August 29, 2024, 07:50:30 PMDublin Trade: Brodie Kemp
Berlin Trade: Pick 20 + Finbar Maley

I have a surplus of backs so adding another top 20 pick in a deep draft and adding Finbar to add to my North talls. Kemp has shown promise and put up 20 games this year but id rather punt on a mid or fwd in the draft as areas of need.

Confirmed.

I have a dearth of future defence prospects, and I've always liked Kemp from afar, and think he can keep improving

Koop

Church give: Mason Redman + Future 2nd
Church get: Hugh McCluggage

Cairo give: Josh Ward + 35
Cairo get: Kane McAuliffe + Future 2nd

JB gives: Hugh McCluggage + Kane McAuliffe
JB gets: Mason Redman + Josh Ward + 35

Reasoning: One of the things we struggled with this year was having a reliable captaincy option once Darcy went down. We have also had some real issues with our mid depth over the last 3-4 years. This fixes both problems, and while it was really hard to give up a player who has been so good for us, a future 2nd compensates for the 10ppg difference.

Nige and JB to confirm.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Koop on August 30, 2024, 10:37:49 AMChurch give: Mason Redman + Future 2nd

Reasoning: One of the things we struggled with this year was having a reliable captaincy option once Darcy went down. We have also had some real issues with our mid depth over the last 3-4 years. This fixes both problems, and while it was really hard to give up a player who has been so good for us, a future 2nd compensates for the 10ppg difference.

Nige and JB to confirm.

DPP changes haven't been kind to me, need to sacrifice some mids for position players.

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 30, 2024, 10:40:13 AM
Quote from: Koop on August 30, 2024, 10:37:49 AMChurch give: Mason Redman + Future 2nd

Nige and JB to confirm.

DPP changes haven't been kind to me, need to sacrifice some mids for position players.
Time-honoured tradition of trading out talented youngsters to JB continues, but I'd like to go on record saying I very much still rate Ward and think he'll be a great player (and scorer), but I'm bullish about Kane's prospects in 2025 and beyond to match Ward. Confirmed.

Koop

Christchurch trade: Pick 60
Mexico City trade: Jake Stringer

Reasoning: Reuniting the 2019 team for the 2025 Grand Final parade.

Pk to confirm.

Pkbaldy

DazBurg

PNL trade: Matt Crouch + Future 2nd
New York trade: Brady Hough + Future 1st

reasoning: Crouch is great but again doesn't fit in the profile of the team, PNL has some youth and then still a lot of aging players that won't be around for our next finals push, so time to cash them in. nyf1st gives us another first round pick and hough has potential for the now as a main stay in the eagles

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: DazBurg on September 01, 2024, 07:56:16 AMPNL trade: Matt Crouch + Future 2nd
New York trade: Brady Hough + Future 1st

reasoning: Crouch is great but again doesn't fit in the profile of the team, PNL has some youth and then still a lot of aging players that won't be around for our next finals push, so time to cash them in. nyf1st gives us another first round pick and hough has potential for the now as a main stay in the eagles

Confirmed

Had Hough marked in blue as someone I rated high but it was fair that PNL got a replacement for next year while waiting to use the Future 1st

Our First Round pick was 7 this year, so hoping to improve and valuing it in the 8-11 range which is spot on for Crouch, as is PNL's 2nd rounder for Hough

DazBurg

Berlin trade: Koltyn Tholstrup, Harrison Petty, Pick 27 + Berlin F1
Berlin receive: Jordan Ridley + Pick 44 + Cape Town F3

Tokyo trade: Jordan Ridley, Pick 8 + Pick 44
Tokyo receive: Jordon Sweet,  Lewis Hayes, Pick 22, Berlin F1 + London F2

London trade: Jordon Sweet, Lewis Hayes + London F2
London receive: Harrison Petty, Pick 8 + Pick 27

Cape Town trade: Pick 15 + Cape Town F3
Cape Town receive: Ben Keays

PNL trade: Ben Keays + Pick 22
PNL receive: Koltyn Tholstrup, Pick 15

reasoning: Have held Keays all through the up and downs is a PNL club legend but time to continue removing some of the older pieces. pick 15 gives us 4 picks int he top 15 and tholstrup himself was pick 11 in wxv last year. adding another top pick and young potential player to continue our age profile reshape