Backline rookies who do you think??

Started by chief007, March 08, 2013, 01:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief007

Just wondering peoples thought on back line rookies on form so far, here are a few i think would be worth having a look at, any thought would be great. Feel free to add any, cheers.

N.Vlastuin, N.Cloquhoun, D.Terlich, S.Docherty, L.Stevenson, B.Goodes, J.Pittard.

Jukes

My top 7 back rookies, taking into account scoring potential, JS and price

1. Vlastuin
2. Stevenson
3. Goodes
4. Pittard
5. Colquhoun
6. Terlich
7. Docherty

Adamant

Surely Luke Brown is in the top 3 best rookie priced defenders? I'd have him locked if I didn't already have Vlastuin.

Will most likely start with him anyway though...

Artax

I have Vlastuin, Goodes & Stevenson all on the ground. Terilch & Van Unen on the bench..

Understand Van Unen is looking less and less likely

Jukes

I'd trade van Unen to Pittard if you can afford him, if not Colquhoun.

Artax

40k in the bank so will no doubt swap out Van Unen, for some reason I am just not that sold on Pittard?

Mr.Craig

Agree with all the names mentioned so far. I'd add Campbell Heath to list as someone who may be in calculations.

Artax

So many teams will have 2 port rooks down back and rightly so

The F.A.R.K.

Vlastuin has been solid in Nab but he has been getting a lot of game time but look at his stats...76 points per 100min. This is the Nab cup so vlas has been getting a lot of gametime but what about when the season hits and his gametime is cut. He is in the best 22 and wil get games but he will be playing like 70% game time if you know what i mean? This will reduce his scores and he will more likely ave 50-60 rather than 70+

I reckon Goodes and Terlich have to be locked in onfield then on your bench its between colquhan, pittard, vlastuin, luke brown, stevenson, doecherty

Colquhan is a natural scorer can get lots of touches but gametimes the worry
Pittard willl get game time but is more expensive
Vlastuin mentioned at top
Brown will get games early on (first 5-10 rounds) and should ave in the 60s-70s
Stevenson will get good gametime but isnt a huge scorer maybe a 50-60 av
Doecherty has js concerns

Ricochet

Yeh I agree with FARK on Vlaust.
I'm putting more emphasis on JS so Pittard, Terlioch and Thurlow standout for me.
But basically its whoever is named Round 1.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on March 08, 2013, 11:24:23 AM
Vlastuin has been solid in Nab but he has been getting a lot of game time but look at his stats...76 points per 100min. This is the Nab cup so vlas has been getting a lot of gametime but what about when the season hits and his gametime is cut. He is in the best 22 and wil get games but he will be playing like 70% game time if you know what i mean? This will reduce his scores and he will more likely ave 50-60 rather than 70+

Vlastuin has played approximately 75% of game time in the NAB so even if it did drop to 70% in the regular season there would only be a marginal decrease in his scoring in that respect. So I don't think that is a factor at all, rather it will be the increased intensity of home and away footy which should see his scoring rate decrease. I mean 76 points per 100 mins equates to around 91 points for a full length game and no-one would expect that of him.

Depending on vests he should average in the low 60's. If anyone is anticipating mid 70's then they deserve to be disappointed for having such unrealistic expectations on a back rookie.