Forward prems giving me a headache

Started by quinny88, February 27, 2013, 04:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Due to Stevie J's suspension I was forced to put Buddy in at R1. He joins my other forward prems of Cox, Rocky and Martin.
Buddy is a gun.. but I dont really want to even start with him. He has a really tough start to the year and if the contract circus that surrounded Cloke last year has even a fraction of the affect on Buddy then it could get ugly. I would rather use him as an upgrade target as most Coaches seem to be but who to put in for him??

NicNat = Injured
Pav = injured, had no pre season
Ryder = Has form slumps that make any coach cringe
Roughead = Scores well as a ruckman but with Baily returning from injury he will spend less time there
Walker = Key forward and will have to see how he performs without Tippet
Chappy = Another year older, less mid time
Zorko = Unproven
Bartel = Unknown role and scoring potential
Cyril = Injured.. again
Waite = Injured more often than not
Stevie J = Suspended round 1
Daisy = Injured

Beyond that is a bunch of older players that are on the decline or key position forwards that only score well when they kick a bag. Or "potential" breakout players which I already have one in Dustin Martin.

I really am struggling to find who to put in. Can anyone give me a reason to pick someone else?

Ricochet

Free Kick

I'ts a hard one Quinny.
I won't start with Buddy and I have a gut feeling that Zorko will maintain the 100's.
He knows how to find the ball and the goals and has the MPP advantage.
I think the Lions are building a good side which should equal more SC points.
Good luck with your descision coach 8)

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 04:40:49 PM
NRoo for RD 1 and then bring in SJ?

So a trade after 1 game?
I know we have extra trades but surely thats being a little wasteful lol

quinny88

Quote from: Free Kick on February 27, 2013, 04:43:06 PM
I'ts a hard one Quinny.
I won't start with Buddy and I have a gut feeling that Zorko will maintain the 100's.
He knows how to find the ball and the goals and has the MPP advantage.
I think the Lions are building a good side which should equal more SC points.
Good luck with your descision coach 8)

Yeah I love the way Zorko goes about it but just the fact that he's only done it for 3qtrs of 1 season doesnt give me much confidence

GoLions

Sabretooth Tigers

Pending round 1 selection how about putting S.J on the bench and having a rookie such as J Daniher to fill his place for round 1 ?
You don't need a trade, shouldn't lose too much score from other choices available and Daniher will definitely make you money. Best of luck whichever way.

Southstorm

I would suggest Cloke but his start is no easier.

I'm in a similar position and tossing up between Zorko and Tex. Leaning towards Tex because I think he's more likely to finish in the top 6.

GM

I am in the same boat Quinny.
Last year we had  Danger,Beams & Sidebum to choose from.
Not so lucky imo this year.
The cash required to gamble on some of these players is making me think of some cheap mid pricers here.
This really is not the way i like to go but i prefer to spend less on gambles and more on the proven .

GCSkiwi

Hey Quinny

I think Franklin is guaranteed to go down in price which makes him not worth it even in the face of what you have there. I would be taking a strong second look at Chappy and Walker - everyone else on the list has actualy concrete reasons why they will be affected, whereas Tex and Chappy are both proven good scorers with only speculative reasons why they might suffer. Tex could be great even without Tippet. And honestly, everyone was saying Chappy was too old last year, he still ripped out a good season.
Personally I'm still umming and ahhing about Pavlich, the man is a great and will certainly be in the team by the end, at the moment I'm taking the punt starting him. Also have Chappy in my fwds, and Tex/Roughy are the ones I'm considering instead of Pav. Roughy Will be just as affected as Buddy by the Hawks start, as well as the Bailey issue. But Tex is a strong candidate.

I really think Buddy is virtually guaranteed to go backwards, whereas Tex/Chappy might but they've proven to be quality, and there's no concrete reason they won't go well again this year...

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on February 27, 2013, 04:46:05 PM

So a trade after 1 game?
I know, but 30 is quite a few though. Saints do have Suns, Rich, GWS to start the year so maybe NRoo ---> Stevie J after round 3. And hopefully get a little price rise from Nroo

GM

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 04:59:05 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 27, 2013, 04:46:05 PM

So a trade after 1 game?
I know, but 30 is quite a few though. Saints do have Suns, Rich, GWS to start the year so maybe NRoo ---> Stevie J after round 3. And hopefully get a little price rise from Nroo
I think this sort of strategy will be ok for DT but i am treating these 30 trades like gold after last years carnage.

cortez

What about Matty Wright? Hes looking good atm, but going with both him and Martin is risky! I'm the same as you with Buddy atm, ive got him but who know could come out and absolutely smash it early!

quinny88

Thanks guys, getting some great feedback.

Why did SJ have to punch that turd Ballantyne  :'(

quinny88

Quote from: cortez on February 27, 2013, 05:04:43 PM
What about Matty Wright? Hes looking good atm, but going with both him and Martin is risky! I'm the same as you with Buddy atm, ive got him but who know could come out and absolutely smash it early!

Yeah I basically picked between Wright and martin. Too uneasy having them both in my side