This shower just got real!!!!!!

Started by Capper, February 07, 2013, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Project Aperio: What Is It?

What It Examined

-The market for Performance and Image Enhancing Drugs (PIEDs)
-The involvement of organised criminal identities and groups in the distribution of new generation PIEDs
-The use of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) prohibited substances by professional athletes in Australia
-Current threats to the integrity of professional sport in Australia.

What It Found
-The investigation identified widespread use of prohibited substances including peptides, hormones and illicit drugs in professional sport.
-It also found that this use has been facilitated by sports scientists, high-performance coaches and sports staff.
-In some cases, players are being administered with substances that have not yet been approved for human use.
-The ACC also identified organised crime identities and groups that are involved in the distribution of PIEDs to athletes and professional sports staff.
-The report concluded that some coaches, sports scientists and support staff of elite athletes have orchestrated and/or condoned the use of prohibited substances.

Government probe finds widespread use of banned drugs in Australian sport, organised crime links

Australian government investigation finds illicit drugs widespread in professional sport

Might get worse for Hird
Essendon Bombers coach James Hird linked with convicted drug trafficker Shane Charter in 2004

Public reaction
See how the Australian public reacted to shocking revelations uncovered by ACC in Project Aperio

Capper

Remember all those great combacks, those last ditch efforts to win games, what if they tell us it was all planned. I know I would be shattered. I was especially shattered after that last ditch effort by the Aussie's to beat Pakistan in Sydney the other year when they came out and said that Pakistani players were paid to underperform and throw the match.

Windigo

Hird is in the shower, bring back Knights.  :P

Capper

Looks like the cricketers are ok at this stage

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/cricket-australia-ceo-james-sutherland-reacts-to-revelations-from-australian-crime-commission-report/story-fn2mcu3x-1226572643062

Quote"There was no specific evidence or links suggested to Australian cricket, which has a record of proactive management on issues such as anti-doping, illicit drugs, anti-corruption and bans on cricketers and cricket employees betting on cricket," he said.

Nige

Quote from: Windigo on February 07, 2013, 03:16:30 PM
Hird is in the shower, bring back Knights.  :P

That'll only get Essendon deeper in the shower.  :P

Holz

Quote from: tabs on February 07, 2013, 03:14:54 PM
Remember all those great combacks, those last ditch efforts to win games, what if they tell us it was all planned. I know I would be shattered. I was especially shattered after that last ditch effort by the Aussie's to beat Pakistan in Sydney the other year when they came out and said that Pakistani players were paid to underperform and throw the match.

Man City coming to score 2 goals in the last few minutes to take the EPL title off Man u. Probably wasnt fixed but as a Man U fan i can now use it as an excuse.

tbagrocks

Turns out Robinson could have been "the weapon of mass destruction"  :o

PowerBug

Quote from: tabs on February 07, 2013, 03:14:54 PM
Those last ditch efforts are the best part about sport. I remember that match too, the person who i felt most sorry for was Peter Siddle, who has played his best innings with the bat in his career to date. And Ponting winning the toss on the worst wicket ever. Would've gone down as one of the greatest ever. :(
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Torpedo10

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 07, 2013, 04:49:03 PM
Turns out Robinson could have been "the weapon of mass destruction"  :o
He destroyed Essendon that's for sure.  :-\