Main Menu

Performance-enhancing drugs in the AFL

Started by Tominator, January 29, 2013, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Lads, I broke the news of the Dustin Martin drug scandal and I think I am onto something else here

Upon my stroll of the Twittersphere I came across Mark Robinson (yes the big fat guy who thinks he knows everything bout footy) or "Robbo" as he is known  ;)

Anyway, here is his tweet:

@robbo_heraldsun
:NEWS: At least four AFL players from same club report drug use to AFL medicos. Up soon @superfooty .. Club named."

https://twitter.com/Robbo_heraldsun/status/295880661665972224

Will be interesting to see who the club is, my guess is Collingwood but that is because I've been convinced for so long Dane Swan is a druggie, but we will see. Anybody else heard about this?

Grazz

Very interesting, cant wait to hear more. :o

Capper

hmmmm, anything to do with Robbo at BDO??

Tominator

Mat0369

I am pretty sure everyone could figure out that the club was Collingwood. This is why Gary Pert came out asking for the AFL to step in and do something about drugs. Here is a link to the article.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/collingwood-players-admit-to-drug-use-to-afl-medical-officer/story-e6frf9kx-1226563808439

Swan is the player that will be in the middle of all this, backing up claims made all off season about him. I think Beams is one of the others from what has been reported earlier. Not sure about the other two though.

Capper

My guess would be Swan, Beams, Elliot and Daisy

Tominator

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 29, 2013, 02:53:03 AM
I am pretty sure everyone could figure out that the club was Collingwood. This is why Gary Pert came out asking for the AFL to step in and do something about drugs. Here is a link to the article.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/collingwood-players-admit-to-drug-use-to-afl-medical-officer/story-e6frf9kx-1226563808439

Swan is the player that will be in the middle of all this, backing up claims made all off season about him. I think Beams is one of the others from what has been reported earlier. Not sure about the other two though.

Swan and Beams seem pretty close mates, you'd think they would be given they have had so much bonding time at the tattoo parlour!

I've said it for a long time that Swan was a drug cheat, now I might be proven right

Mr.Craig

The thing about loopholes is they often become nooses.

Capper

Quote from: Tominator on January 29, 2013, 02:59:42 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on January 29, 2013, 02:53:03 AM

Swan and Beams seem pretty close mates, you'd think they would be given they have had so much bonding time at the tattoo parlour!

I've said it for a long time that Swan was a drug cheat, now I might be proven right
and Elliot got a tat as well now, linked??

Grazz

Atleast the whole drug issue is coming to a head, the 3 strikes policy is wrong on so many levels. By the time a club is told there is a problem with Mr X its could well be to late for Mr X as he's now an addict or on the verge. Collingwood would no way be alone in this, it would be across the whole comp. Young blokes with lots of money who cant be seen drunk choose another source of fun that is more covert and less obvious to the average person on the street. Alot needs to change regarding the AFL's drug policy and i hope this is the begining of it.

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 29, 2013, 03:10:00 AM
The thing about loopholes is they often become nooses.

To true mate. The AFL have a massive leak somewhere at AFL house, so much stuff gets out that they would rather not. Someones getting brown paper bags under the table.

elephants

Will they release names and will these blokes be punished?

Tominator

Quote from: elephants on January 29, 2013, 03:39:52 AM
Will they release names and will these blokes be punished?

Time will tell

But Swan and Beams are the two names being thrown around, the other two are less clear

elephants

tbagrocks

What's the chances of it being Richmond?

Either way i'd bet good money the idiot Demetriou takes more drugs than any player, somehoe the a-hole makes more money too >:(

Cicjose

i reckon fasolo swan brown beams and blair