Why i am for the 2 trade per week in DT..........

Started by Capper, January 14, 2013, 01:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

From the look of most teams in the "Rate my DT" board, alot of teams are either starting with 4 or 5 prem mids. Why not make the most of this with by using to 2 trades we have each week by to get in the prem mids each week that are projected to score the most.

What does this mean? Well, lets take for instance that you start the season with the premium mids of GAJ, Swan, Watson, Stanton and JPK. With the Swans playing GWS and GC in the first 2 weeks, it doesnt necessary mean that JPK will score well, but he should. Port also have easy games in the first 2 weeks with the Dees and GWS, but will Ebert produce the points in these matches. These 2 trades per week, allow you to get 5 prems for round 1 and change 2 of them in R2, if required.

If you went purely off the draw (thanks to FOOTBALL FACTORY for the thread), then i would choose as the 5 mids to be GAJ (absolute gun), Swan (see GAJ), Ebert (plays Dees and GWS), JPK (plays GWS and GC) and then depending on which 2 would not make their breakeven i would trade one of them out for Gaff/Priddis.

I will now go through last years top 20 scoring mids (plus any others that you would like me to provide) to provide the stats on what games you should trade them in and what games you should trade them out (based on averages and scores from last year). This is not limited to mids either so if you would like me to provide the stats for a Ruck, Forward or Back let me know.

This list is in order of averages for DT
1. Dane Swan
2. Gary Ablett jnr
3. Dayne Beams
4. Matthew Boyd
5. Jobe Watson
6. Trent Cotchin
7. Scott Pendlebury
8. Brett Deledio
9. Brent Stanton
10. Scott Thompson
11. Steele Sidebottom
12. Shane Tuck
13. Jack Redden
14. Joel Selwood
15. Andrew Swallow
16. Patrick Dangerfield
17. Josh P. Kennedy
18. Sam Mitchell
19. Marc Murphy
20. Brock McLean
21. Brad Ebert
22. Kieren Jack

Capper

Name: Dane Swan

2013 DT Starting Price: $688,100

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 187 v Essendon R23

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 95 v Geelong R8

2012 games played: 18

Number of Green/Red Vests:

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Nth@ES, Carl@MCG, Haw@MCG, Rich@MCG, Ess@MCG, Stk@ES, Fre@PS, Gee@MCG, Syd@MCG, Bris@GABBA, Melb@MCG, WB@ES, BYE, Port@AS, Carl@MCG, Adel@MCG, GC@MS, GWS@MCG, Ess@MCG, Syd@ANZ, Haw@MCG, WC@MCG, Nth@MCG

Tabs says: Absolute gun, no need to trade him in and out of your team unless he misses due to an injury or off-field indecression. Start him Round 1 and then set and forget.

Capper

Name: Gary Ablett jnr

2013 DT Starting Price: $642,500

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 186 v Collingwood R10

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 61 v St Kilda R11

2012 games played: 20

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Stk@MS, Syd@SCG, Bris@MS, Port@MS, GWS@MO, Fre@MS, Melb@MCG, WB@MS, Haw@MCG, Gee@SS, Nth@MS, Ess@ES, BYE, Adel@MS, Bris@GABBA, Rich@CAZ, Coll@MS, Carl@MS, WC@PS, Melb@MS, Port@AS, Stk@ES, GWS@MS

Tabs Says: The GC may look to give GAJ 2 weeks off during the byes so beware. Also may miss another week with a niggling uinjury. Otherwise get him in at the start with his opening games being Stk@MS(143), Syd@SCG(152)

Capper

Name: Dayne Beams

2013 DT Starting Price: $599,400

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 155 v Melbourne R11

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 74 v Richmond R2

2012 games played: 21

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Nth@ES, Carl@MCG, Haw@MCG, Rich@MCG, Ess@MCG, Stk@ES, Fre@PS, Gee@MCG, Syd@MCG, Bris@GABBA, Melb@MCG, WB@ES, BYE, Port@AS, Carl@MCG, Adel@MCG, GC@MS, GWS@MCG, Ess@MCG, Syd@ANZ, Haw@MCG, WC@MCG, Nth@MCG

Tabs says: Has played 80% of his games either at MCG or ES so he hasnt travelled much, but that is an advantage about playing for Collingwood and a Melbourne based club. ;) In saying that though after coming back from injury in R2 last year he soon hit his straps and was consistantly pumping out 100+ scores after R4, only dipping below the 100 twice (98, 78). His scores didnt really change whether Pendles was playing or not. I dont expect him in every team like Swans and GAJ but expect alot of coaches picking him up over Pendles. Only the true Pies fan would pick Beams, Swans and Pendles in their starting lineup, no one else would have the guts.

Capper

Name: Matthew Boyd

2013 DT Starting Price: $593,700

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 162 v North Melbourne R7

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 70 v Brisbane R13

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Bris@ES, Fre@ES, Rich@ES, Adel@AS, Gee@ES, WC@PS, Nth@ES, GC@MS, Stk@ES, Port@TIO, BYE, Coll@ES, Rich@ES, Melb@MCG, GWS@MO, Ess@ES, Haw@AU, WC@ES, Syd@S, Carl@ES, Adel@ES, Bris@GABBA, Melb@ES

Tabs says: I really fear for the dogs, they didnt play good footy at all last year. Of all the dogs games i watched i saw Boyd rack up alot of points from little 1-2 handpasses then a kick down field, but more often than not that kick went to the opposition. It seemed to me that Boyd was more worried about how many possessions/disposals he got rather than the quality of each possession/disposal. I am staying away from Boyd at the start of the season and maybe for the whole season.

Capper

Name: Jobe Watson

2013 DT Starting Price: $579,400

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 139 v Port Adelaide R2

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 76 v Richmond R22

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Adel@AS, Melb@MCG, Fre@PS, Stk@ES, Coll@MCG, GWS@ES, Gee@ES, Bris@ES, Rich@MCG, Syd@CG, Carl@MCG, GC@ES, BYE, WC@PS, Port@ES, WB@ES, GWS@SK, Haw@ES, Coll@MCG, WC@ES, Nth@ES, Carl@MCG, Rich@MCG

Tabs says: The bggest surprise when going hrough Bubba's stats was that in his first 13 games, the only 2 games that he got less than 100 were against GC and GWS. pretty sure he was taking a bit easier that day but also that Stanton also scored under 100 in these games as well. The 2012 Brownlow medalist now has it all before him and i can see him taking it to the next level now with the help of Goddard joining the Bombers for 2013+. Get him just dont start him as captain against the weaker teams

Capper

Name: Trent Cotchin

2013 DT Starting Price: $570,200

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 152 v Western Bulldogs R20

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 63 v Port Adelaide R6

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Carl@MCG, Stk@MCG, WB@ES, Coll@MCG, Fre@PS, Gee@MCG, Port@AS, Melb@MCG, Ess@MCG, WC@PS, BYE, Adel@MCG, WB@ES, Stk@MCG, Nth@ES, GC@CAZ, Fre@MCG, Syd@SCG, Haw@MCG, Bris@MCG, Carl@MCG, GWS@SK, Ess@MCG

Tabs says:

Capper

Name: Scott Pendlebury

2013 DT Starting Price: $568,700

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 142 v Hawthorn R17

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 59 v Gold Coast R10

2012 games played: 18

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw

Tabs says:

Capper

Name: Brett Deledio

2013 DT Starting Price: $568,600

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 160 v Essendon R8

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 77 v Port Adelaide R23

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Carl@MCG, Stk@MCG, WB@ES, Coll@MCG, Fre@PS, Gee@MCG, Port@AS, Melb@MCG, Ess@MCG, WC@PS, BYE, Adel@MCG, WB@ES, Stk@MCG, Nth@ES, GC@CAZ, Fre@MCG, Syd@SCG, Haw@MCG, Bris@MCG, Carl@MCG, GWS@SK, Ess@MCG

Tabs says:

Capper

Name: Brent Stanton

2013 DT Starting Price: $548,900

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 193 v Brisbane R6

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 61 v Richmond R22

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Adel@AS, Melb@MCG, Fre@PS, Stk@ES, Coll@MCG, GWS@ES, Gee@ES, Bris@ES, Rich@MCG, Syd@CG, Carl@MCG, GC@ES, BYE, WC@PS, Port@ES, WB@ES, GWS@SK, Haw@ES, Coll@MCG, WC@ES, Nth@ES, Carl@MCG, Rich@MCG

Tabs says:

Capper

Name: Scott Thompson

2013 DT Starting Price: $541,200

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 141 v St Kilda R12

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 59 v Hawthorn R3

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Ess@AS, Bris@GABBA, Port@AS, WB@AS, Carl@MCG, Haw@AS, GWS@SK, Stk@AS, Nth@ES, Fre@AS, Syd@AS, Rich@MCG, BYE, GC@MS, WC@AS, Coll@MCG, Gee@AS, Fre@PS, Port@AS, Nth@AS, WB@ES, Mel@AS, WC@PS

Tabs says:

Capper

Name: Steele Sidebottom

2013 DT Starting Price: $539,200

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 150 v Melbourne R11

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 67 v Essendon R23

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw

Tabs says:

Capper

Name: Shane Tuck

2013 DT Starting Price: $538,900

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 152 v Hawthorn R9

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 47 v Carlton R1

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw

Tabs says:

Capper

Name: Jack Redden

2013 DT Starting Price: $531,100

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 127 v West Coast R10

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 66 v Sydney R15

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
WB@ES, Adel@GABBA, GC@MS, Nth@ES, Melb@GABBA, Syd@SCG, WC@GABBA, Ess@ES, Carl@GABBA, Coll@GABBA, BYE, Fre@PS, Gee@GABBA, Haw@AU, GC@GABBA, Nth@GABBA, Melb@TIO, Port@AS, Stk@GABBA, Rich@MCG, GWS@GABBA, WB@GABBA, Gee@SS

Tabs says:

Capper

Name: Joel Selwood

2013 DT Starting Price: $530,900

2012 DT Highest score/opponent: 136 v Collingwood R8

2012 DT Lowest score/opponent: 62 v GWS Giants R10

2012 DT scoring summary

DT opponent history

DT venue history

2013 draw
Haw@MCG, Nth@ES, Carl@ES, Syd@SCG, WB@ES, Rich@MCG, Ess@ES, Coll@MCG, Port@AS, GC@SS, GWS@SK, BYE, Bris@GABBA, Fre@SS, Haw@MCG, Melb@SS, Adel@AS, Stk@SS, Nth@ES, Port@SS, WC@PS, Syd@SS, Bris@SS

Tabs says: