Parkin mentoring Morabito / 3rd Knee Reconstruction

Started by valkorum, January 08, 2013, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/parkin-guides-docker-anthony-morabito-through-long-road-to-recovery/story-e6frg1xu-1226548148668

QuotePREMIERSHIP coach David Parkin has emerged as an unlikely mentor in Anthony Morabito's remarkable comeback from two knee reconstructions.

Capper

Good luck to the kid, hopefully he gets back on the park soon

SydneyRox

i am seriously considering him a starting spot.....

valkorum

Hearing rumours that Morabito has left the track early today with a sore leg

:( :( :( :(

SydneyRox

You are soooooo mean to me!! :(

Lol - went to have a look at the fremantle website for something else, and got the AFL 'out of bounds' page!!

valkorum

I am hearing a few things

1) Twisted Ankle - I am praying for this
2) Twisted Knee
3) Leg

Trying to get confirmation of what it is

Adamant

Seriously, this is getting beyond a joke.

Shocking run for the poor guy. :'( Let's pray it's not too serious.

valkorum

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/fremantle-midfielder-anthony-morabito-suffers-fresh-injury-setback/story-e6frf9lf-1226550424504

QuoteThe 21-year-old was tackling teammate Tanner Smith when he yelled out in pain and grabbed his left knee - the same knee the midfielder has had operated on twice in the past two years.

I hope this isnt true

valkorum

AFL on twitter

QuoteFremantle confirm that Anthony Morabito left the training track today with a suspected knee injury. Will undergo further medical assessment.

SydneyRox

Awful luck for him!
Well.. there goes my smokie for 2013

valkorum

Apparently there is video footage but I cant get a hold of it..... not high enough on the ladder to get that sort of information.  Apparently Ross is the one who drove him to get further scans.

From what I have been told it was during a tackle with Tanner Smith and his knee got twisted.  Michael Walters is the one who called out for the physios while Mora was punching the shower out of the ground, with his head between his knees.

I feel so badly for him.  I hope the scans come back with the best possible news.

CrowsFan

Wow feel really sorry for the kid. Surely though if he's done his ACL for the third time it's time to start finding a new career?

valkorum

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 09, 2013, 05:11:57 PM
Wow feel really sorry for the kid. Surely though if he's done his ACL for the third time it's time to start finding a new career?

Or find the doctor that did the first 2 and flowering kill him