2013 Club by Club Fixture preview

Started by Football Factory, January 07, 2013, 05:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Adelaide  /  Brisbane  /  Carlton  /  Collingwood  /  Essendon  /  Fremantle  /  Geelong  /  Gold Coast  /  GWS

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/superfooty-previews-every-clubs-2013-fixture/story-e6frf9jf-1226548473128

Hawthorn  /  Melbourne  /  North Melbourne  /  Port  /  Richmond  /  Saints  /  Sydney  /  WB  /  WC

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/superfooty-previews-every-clubs-2013-fixture/story-e6frf9jf-1226550672948

masedog333

looks  like carlton have a tough draw, especially to start off. might be smart to hold off on some of their guys like murphy, judd or robbo. gibbs is sill a lock though ;)

tbagrocks

I find it iffy, that Sydney and Hawthorn play the second week while West Coast and Adelaide play the first of nab

More importantly Round one
Also West Coast and Adelaide play first week and of course Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney second week

Something in this? Surely the latter games are a big advantage in such a long season, you would want it a shorter period as possable!

Also whe is round one split anyway? Honestly what's the point! Money and that's all it is! Like 1.3 billion wasn't enough

mx187

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 07, 2013, 06:58:53 PM
I find it iffy, that Sydney and Hawthorn play the second week while West Coast and Adelaide play the first of nab

I think its because they both played a week longer last season then any other team

Rancher

IMO West Coast have the best draw. They open with Freo (derby always tough) and then Hawthorn at hone but follow up with Melb, Carlton (home), Port, Bulldogs, Kangaroos (home), GWS and Richmond.  If they continue on from last year they should be in top 4 easily by this stage.  Cannot see anyone else with such a run of easy games to set up the season early.

jabroni

nic nat, waters and kerr all compromised preseason and you would expect carlton, north and richmond to be much tougher to beat so i wouldnt say its top 4 easily

JBs-Hawks

Also West Coast and Adelaide play first week and of course Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney second week

Something in this? Surely the latter games are a big advantage in such a long season, you would want it a shorter period as possable!

Also whe is round one split anyway? Honestly what's the point! Money and that's all it is! Like 1.3 billion wasn't enough

A crows fan complaing about the AFL draw flowerING LOL

Capper

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 08, 2013, 01:58:48 AM

haha to funny, nobody cares about the NAB cup

Scrads

Quote from: tabs on January 08, 2013, 02:20:52 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 08, 2013, 01:58:48 AM

haha to funny, nobody cares about the NAB cup

No maybe your extra bye is better for the players then condensing their workload into a shorter time frame tbag ?

Who cares about the NAB its not like all the gun players will wear themselves out, they hardly play anyway.

If you want to discuss the ease of draws lets take a look back to 2012, although if you are set on talking about 2013 we could discuss why Hawthorn have to play the 7 other top 8 teams from last year in the first 7 rounds ::)

Rancher

I agree Jabroni that Carlton should be improvers under Malthouse. WCE have won 5 of the last 7 against the Blues at Subi and that includes the "bad" years.  Malthouse could get inside Worsfolds head though and that gives them a real chance. WCE have won 5 of last 6 at Subi against Kangas and 4 of last 5 against Richmond. WCE meet Kangas in rd 7 and Rich rd 9 so I think NicNat and Waters should have had plenty of time to get fity by then.  Still cannot find anyone with a softer draw.

tbagrocks

One thing I do find slightly amusing is when people talk about the previous years top 8 and how playing one the next year is supposed to be harder, teams rise and fall all the time, it's a fairly close competition, just look at hoe teams like Carlton, Richmond, Brisbane and Essendon went against some better teams last year! How Carlton and Essendon were flying before the byes

The only teams that would support a favorable draw would be playing GWS and GC twice, all other teams should realistically have a chance at finals, now we can argue that some might struggle! But when you see a West Coast then Adelaide do bolts up the ladder, youth can improve very quickly over a summer ;)

Football Factory

Geelong, Gold Coast and GWS have been added

Andrew

Quote from: Rancher on January 08, 2013, 01:14:17 AM
IMO West Coast have the best draw. They open with Freo (derby always tough) and then Hawthorn at hone but follow up with Melb, Carlton (home), Port, Bulldogs, Kangaroos (home), GWS and Richmond.  If they continue on from last year they should be in top 4 easily by this stage.  Cannot see anyone else with such a run of easy games to set up the season early.

The Eagles have a good draw, but what about Gold Coast's first 8 games?

Sydney, Saints, Brisbane, Port, GWS, Freo, Melbourne, Bulldogs

They could be 5-3 after that!

Football Factory

All 18 clubs fixture previews are now available

R.Griffen

Ablett's 250th could be against Carlton at home, haha remember what happen last time??? See ya Mick have fun coaching half the season