2010 GAMES: 6        AVERAGE: 76

2011 GAMES: 15      AVERAGE: 79

2012 GAMES: 4        AVERAGE: 47

CAREER HIGHS

DREAMTEAM:  123 vs Port in 2011

SUPERCOACH: 128 vs Richmond in 2009

HISTORY:

2006    Taken at pick #30 in the 2006 AFL Draft by the Melbourne Demons

2007    The talented state representative footballer from Broadbeach on the Gold Coast, Queensland took very little time to debut at senior level. He racked up 22 disposals in the midfield and featured in the Demons best list in his first game at AFL level in Round 5. He followed up his first game performance with an AFL Rising Star nomination in Round 6.

Against Carlton in Round 14, Petterd had a bizarre and season ending injury, he collapsed during the game and could not breathe and the two club doctors realised there was no time to wait for him to be sent to hospital. They punctured his chest wall in the change rooms, allowing air to escape from his chest cavity, in turn allowing his ruptured lung to re-expand, effectively saving his life.  :o

2008   After suffering a punctured lung in 2007, Petterd's luck didnt get much better, played the opening game of 2008 but was struck down by a groin injury which required a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Came back late in the year via the VFL and played in round 22 against Richmond.

2009   The talented young forward finally had some luck with injuries in 2009. Played 18 games, kicked 19 goals and averaged 14 disposals.

2010   One of the hard luck stories of 2010 for Melbourne, Petterd was developing into a force in attack early in the season until he dislocated his shoulder in round 6. The injury required surgery which was a blow after he had shown considerable promise. Kicked 4 goals in round two against Collingwood and almost won the game with a late marking attempt.

2011   A dynamic player who is well suited as a classic mobile forward. A fine mark he is an impact player who can influence a game. Although he has a light frame, he is creative and can force the opposition into an uncomfortable match-up.

2012   Only managed four games in 2012. Mark Neeld's overhaul of Melbourne's playing stocks escalated with eight demons delisted, including senior player Ricky Petterd. Richmonds first pick (No 7 overall) has been used on former Demons player Ricky Petterd.

VERDICT: Needs to be upgraded to the senior list first. Has had a terrible run with injuries over his career will 2013 be any different ?  Richmond has alot of depth at the moment it's hard to see where he can fit into the team with the signing of Chris Knights,Sam Lonergan and Nick Vlastuin.

PREDICTION: Hard to say .. 5 games ?  average of 65 ? . He's around the same price as Knights,Krakouer,Varcoe,Kennedy and Winderlich with not alot of JS. I guess we will have to wait and see what plans Hardwick has for Petterd.

ronl

I think your verdict sums it up perfectly.  Fourth cab off the rank, would only get games if Richmond's player stocks were decimated by injuries.

kilbluff1985

lol how is this guy cheaper then Winderlich? go to hell virtual sports

Football Factory

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 01, 2013, 01:25:02 PM
lol how is this guy cheaper then Winderlich? go to hell virtual sports
VS have made some players not even worth looking at .. Teams are becoming generic because of their pricing

Adamant

Needs to get off the rookie list first. :P

Would much rather Knights for about 10k more. Hope he does alright for my Asians though.

Toga

good write up FF!

But yeah, as a Richmond supporter I see him down the ranks in our fwd stocks atm being on the rookie list. If he manages to get himself upgraded, he could compete for Nahas' or Kingy's spot in the forward line, but unlikely to feature much this season i would've thought!

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on January 07, 2013, 04:54:14 AM
Needs to get off the rookie list first. :P

Would much rather Knights for about 10k more. Hope he does alright for my Asians though.
Thanks Ads didnt think about that when i did the write-up .. wont be easy

Quote from: Toga on January 07, 2013, 12:45:51 PM
good write up FF!

But yeah, as a Richmond supporter I see him down the ranks in our fwd stocks atm being on the rookie list. If he manages to get himself upgraded, he could compete for Nahas' or Kingy's spot in the forward line, but unlikely to feature much this season i would've thought!
Thanks mate .. A few injuries would help his cause .. but lets hope it doesnt come down to that. I think he will struggle to get a game this year.