2013 Player Profile (Rookie) - Dean Terlich

Started by stew42, November 27, 2012, 02:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Dean Terlich - Melbourne Demons
Height/Weight 186cm 85kg
D.O.B. 13th December 1989 (22yo)
Nickname: Terls / Megahead

Position: M on fanplanner, but should be D (or even D/F)
Price: $101,600 (sourced from Fanplanner)

Bio from Norwood FC, 2011: Dean is an immensely talented player with lightning speed and good goal sense. He plays an extremely important role for the team when he is up and going. Terlich will be looking for a consistent output during the 2012 season.

Stew42's Summary: I noticed this guy in a DT Talk article. A mature age pickup who was on the Swans list as a 17yo in 2008, he's now been taken by the Dees. He drew some attention with a best on ground performance in the SANFL Grand Final, winning the Jack Oatey medal with 31 disposals, 14 marks, 3 tackles and 5 Rebound 50s. This amounted to about 140DT points.
He's listed as a mid on Fanplanner, but really shouldn't be; “Prior to this year I’ve been a half forward who pinch hits on ball. I have good skills on both sides of my body. I’m a bit of an in-and-under style of player,” he said. “This year I’ve been given a role playing down back, a running half-back style.

Verdict: He's a rookie mature age defender, we need them! Only thing is JS. Looking at Melbourne's halfback line, I don't see that much talent (sorry supporters). If he gets in once, I reckon he'll linger. If listed as a Def and named early, then he's worth a look, but probably wait for the bubble.
10-15 games (hopefully), 60-70 average.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISPkLKM0Mc8 (He's no. 20) From what I see, he has heaps of composure, can lay one hell of a tackle, and loves bursting through packs.

This just in, what Neeld says: “We’ve been tracking Dean for quite a while. We really like the way that he was able to adjust his footy career, by going back,” Neeld said at AAMI Park on Monday.
“We think he can play straight away. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DHe has lovely skills and is a player who has a history of playing well in big games.”

Jukes

Only if he's a defender or maybe a forward, won't get past Wines/O'Meara and the like in the midfield.

Football Factory

If he is named as a defender .. then im on him like stink on shower

Football Factory

Was going through an old Dreamteam magazine 2008  ;D .. in the Sydney Swans section and came across a player on their rookie list like you mentioned Stew.. Dean Terlich

It said

A medium-sized defender who runs the lines, he represented the NSW/ACT RAMS at the 2007 NAB AFL under-18 championships. Can play in the midfield and wins plenty of the ball. From the Murray Bushrangers  CTR/FWD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He played pretty well for central districts this year he should get a game for the demons

tbagrocks

Quote from: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ on November 29, 2012, 03:16:30 AM
He played pretty well for central districts this year he should get a game for the demons
Who the flower are you talking about? If you're going to troll at least get the club a player has come from right! Norwood! ::)

The_Captain

You can Terlich my balls  ;D

Toga

A great premiership player from my Leggies this year :D

But yeah, if he is a defender he will be well worth a look, and possibly as a midfielder too given that he is likely to get games early.

stew42

Toga

Football Factory

quinny88

nrich102

Its slasher 2

The_Captain

Quote from: nrich102 on December 01, 2012, 08:05:16 AM
Its slasher 2

Lol. Pretty sure this guy is onto his fourth or fifth account now haha

Hagebear

Looks the pick if the mature age rookies this year. The Dee's reckon he's ready to go so if named round 1 will definately be starting for me.