2011 GAMES: 19      DT AVERAGE: 94

2012 GAMES: 8        DT AVERAGE: 77

2012 SCORES: 47,86,94,41,73,112,87,83    FINALS:  87,62

CAREER HIGHS

DREAMTEAM: 154 vs WB in 2011

SUPERCOACH: 196 vs WB in 2007

HISTORY:

2008 Won a Grand Final and was named the Norm Smith Medallist

2009 Shoulder surgery delayed his start to the pre season and he missed 3 games from rounds 8-10 with a groin problem but he returned to vintage form in the second half of the season.

2010 A brilliant 2010 season by Hodge saw him land his second club best and fairest by a canter and his third All-Australian selection. He was named All-Australian captain. Hodge led the Hawks in kicks,tackles,inside 50s and hard ball gets, while his pack marking and ability to control the ball and kick goals at critical stages helped the Hawks recover from their 1-6 start to make the finals.

2011 Hodge was named captain of the Hawks after an amaible handover from Sam Mitchell. An achilles injury ensured a slow start to his first season as captain, but by the middle of the season he was back to his tough and skilful best. Hodge was again 'Mr Fixit' for the Hawks spending time in the middle, in defence and spare parts forward. Averaged 25.3 disposals a game and his 17 Brownlow votes was a personal best.

2012 His season was cruelled by injury only managed to play 10 games rounds 5-6,18-23 and 2 finals games

VERDICT:If he can get a full pre season into him he could bounce back to his best. Played in defence and forward a bit in the 8 games he did manage to play. If by some miracle he should get DPP in 2013 he will be one of the most selected players

PREDICTION: If he plays Back/Forward in 2013 and he's fit i can see him averaging anywhere from 85-95.

The_Captain

He is an absolute bargain at his price.. But for mids there are too many better bargains... If fwd or defence he becomes a viable option and will defs be a keeper if that..

Adamant

Lock him in if any kind of DPP...if not, Ball/Embley are much better options who are cheaper (not having any mid-pricers in my mids though).

Footy_Boiz

Yeah agree lock if dpp, straight swap for others losing it if he gains it

Spinking

Loved him when he was Def / Mid, but no dice as a pure mid.

henry

Yeah too awkwardly priced to go as a mid, though almost locked if also listed as a defender providing he gets his body right.

The_Captain

Hoping so much he is a def/mid or even just def, or even def/fwd haha !!! Anything but just mid ill be happy

Scrads

Quote from: noto07 on October 15, 2012, 12:07:49 AM
Hoping so much he is a def/mid or even just def, or even def/fwd haha !!! Anything but just mid ill be happy

Haha, he could totally be a B/M/R/F ;)

Capper

He will only be a mid and at that price is tempting but that knee is a massive worry.

I dont think i will be getting him

aces-high

Him and bartel possibly the first ever d/m/f combos in 2013? ;) would be bloody awesome!!

Scrads

Quote from: aces-high on October 15, 2012, 12:29:50 AM
Him and bartel possibly the first ever d/m/f combos in 2013? ;) would be bloody awesome!!

+ Goddard ? ;)

Gibbs, Deledio, Burgoyne and even Broughton all make cases too ;)

aces-high

Definately mate :P sadly though we probs have as much chance of swanny becoming a m/f as this is to actually happening :'(

Ricochet

Similar to Judd in that he's not cheap enough and won't hit the 110+ that premium midfielders need to now

elephants

If he's dpp fwd or back he will likely be in my side!

Hagebear

Could almost see a starting back 4 of Goddard, Gibbs, Hodge and Bartel. Would be handy ;)