Patrick Ryder - Essendon Bombers

Position: RUC

Price: $464,600 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 22

2012 Games: 15

2011 Average: 79.2

2012 Average: 90.2

2012 Tons: 5

Summary: Ryder was enjoying a mini 'breakout' season in 2012 before injury affected him and he only managed 1 game in the last 8 rounds. He lifted his 2011 average of 79 back up to 90, placing him in the top 5 ruckmen for averages. Interestingly, when the Bombers lost, Ryder averaged 79 compared to the 95 when they won. If the Bombers can be consistent the whole season, we should see less of these form slumps that Ryder finds himself in. He booted 17 goals in his 15 games, so could be a possible chance of R/F DPP?

Verdict: Shortlisted if R/F DPP, but I've got Goldy & Berger locked in atm.

Ad's predicted average: 91

Football Factory

Might have in my forward line as a backup for my rucks .. hope he gets the DPP   8)

Windigo

Maybe as a fwd.  :-\

I don't really rate him that highly TBH.

Scrads

Without even looking it up I knew he played better in their wins. Will be a very high chance of being in my team if R/F, basically the other R/Fs will decide this.

Spinking

Nice write up Ada.

Don't rate him much as a player, but he's always performed better than I've expected DT wise. Wouldn't select him as a ruck, and even as DPP would have others ahead of him.

The_Captain

I think maybe next year could be a starter if he picks his game up

aces-high

I think the thing that lifted paddys scores were the fact the bombers finally found the right balance of how much time he spent up forward and in the ruck. Great set of hands and has shown great durability apart from injury last year. Wont start him but Paddy has all the tools to be a top 5 scoring ruckmen next year if not top 3.

Ricochet

still behind NicNat/Goldy and Leuy in starting for me

elephants

Like with Kruezer... Better, cheaper options out there :)

Hagebear

Would rather take Roughy as my forward/ruck back up.

Adamant

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2012, 11:40:33 AM
still behind NicNat/Goldy and Leuy in starting for me
Yep, I've got Goldy & Leuy atm, NicNat and McEvoy on the radar :)

Shihan7

Good write up Adam.
Dont mind Ryder, just think there are cheaper options who will average more i.e. Goldy.

me

am actually considering this flog for my fwd line, but would like to know how his preseason has been going!?  read somewhere that he turned up to preseason horrifically out of shape, but apart from that, am none the wiser

anyone in the know!? much appreciated xo ;D

kilbluff1985

Quote from: me on January 16, 2013, 03:23:56 PM
am actually considering this flog for my fwd line, but would like to know how his preseason has been going!?  read somewhere that he turned up to preseason horrifically out of shape, but apart from that, am none the wiser

anyone in the know!? much appreciated xo ;D

is anything but a flog

Justin Bieber

I say good call on the R/F prediction.