Started by henry, October 13, 2012, 05:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry

Clay Smith - Western Bulldogs

Position: MID

Price: 330, 800 (fanplanner)

2012 Games: 16

2012 Average: 64 Without vest: 73

2012 High Score: 109 (and a 90, a 80 and a 79 where he was subbed off before 3qt)

2012 Low Score: 14 (sub affected) Without vest: 42

Summary: Being a first year player, smith was unsurprisingly in the vest a lot which was very frustrating for his owners. Of his 16 games, 3 times he started off as sub and was subbed off twice. He had a fantastic first game, kicking 4 straight in less than 3 quarters before being subbed out. He was dropped three times and missed six games in total. However after reclaiming his spot in round 18 he seemed to lock up a spot in the best 22, and he missed only 1 game after the bye. He showed plenty of promise in his debut season.

Verdict: Should improve this year as he gets another pre season under his belt. He plays a role similar to Boyd, so he won't score too highly until he retires. Next year you'd also think he'd be less sub prone with the new draft picks coming in. Not for me this year due to Embley and Ball being cheaper.

Predicted Average: 81

Spinking

Nice write up Henry.

Wow, I would have thought the 81 average was a bit high, but you may be right if he can avoid the sub. Won't be in my team, but one to keep an eye on for future years.

Adamant

Didnt realise his average was so good without the vests, but you surely couldnt start with him at 330k.

Windigo

Too expensive for next year, but give him a couple of years.

Tough as nails and a really good acquisition by the dogs.  :)

Scrads

Not really the sort of player you want to start in the mids unfortunately. Especially considering Ball and Embley are both cheaper (not that I am considering either of them)

henry

Quote from: Scrads on October 14, 2012, 12:26:27 AM
Not really the sort of player you want to start in the mids unfortunately. Especially considering Ball and Embley are both cheaper (not that I am considering either of them)
No embley or ball, that's pretty unique I'd have thought. Who have you got instead, a rook?

Scrads

Quote from: henry on October 14, 2012, 11:54:12 AM
No embley or ball, that's pretty unique I'd have thought. Who have you got instead, a rook?

Swan, Ablett, Murphy, Pendles, Beams + 3 rooks.

El cheapo forward-line :P

henry

Quote from: Scrads on October 14, 2012, 12:09:38 PM

Hmm ok fair enough. I'm going Swan, GAJ, Cotchin, Murphy, Ball/Embley + 2 rooks then a few mid pricers in the fwd line also. It depends a bit on how accurate fanplanner is regarding Ball and Embley's prices.

Ricochet

Quote from: Scrads on October 14, 2012, 12:09:38 PM

I'm doing very similar actually

elephants

Will be a very very good player but not for that price until after Boyd retires :)

Shihan7

Would much rather Ball for 70k cheaper!
Nice write up though henry :)