Position - RUCK

2011 Games - N/A

2012 Games - 20

2011 Average - N/A

2012 Average - 81

2012 tons - 5

2012 High Score - 124

2012 Low Score - 36

Summary - Giles was one of the most popular picks in 2012. He had a good first year but I don't think he can retain his average. There is also speculation about him going home to Adelaide.

Virdict - Nope, to expensive

Predicted Average - 78

Football Factory

If GWS dont sign him on again who will they play in the ruck .. Phillips and R.Thompson ?  :o  their gonna get smashed. Get the Cheque book out Sheeds !!

Footy_Boiz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 13, 2012, 01:30:53 PM
If GWS dont sign him on again who will they play in the ruck .. Phillips and R.Thompson ?  :o  their gonna get smashed. Get the Cheque book out Sheeds !!
Agreed. Lock in your ruck man as skipper when playing gws if he leaves :P

elephants

Uncertainty about his future... Not for me.

Hope he stays a Giant though :-\ spot on prediction though, good stuff mate :)

Adamant

Pass.
Locking in Goldy for 15k cheaper and a 90+ average.

nrich102

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2012, 01:49:03 PM
Uncertainty about his future... Not for me.

Hope he stays a Giant though :-\ spot on prediction though, good stuff mate :)
thanks

Capper

Quote from: Footy_Boiz on October 13, 2012, 01:36:01 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 13, 2012, 01:30:53 PM
Agreed. Lock in your ruck man as skipper when playing gws if he leaves :P
+1, might be the first time in a while a mid is captain

Jukes

Nrich you're on fire today! Too bad all the good players are taken so you gotta do the spuds haha.

Can't see Giles dropping from 81 average to 78, reckon he'll average mid 80s.

Can see Giles as being a dt regular with 95+ average in the future, but no this season. Not good enough to replace Leuey or Goldy in my line-up.

Bro-tip: Make your summaries a bit longer. Most peeps make theirs a paragraph at least, I try for like 8 lines a pop. Other then that it's good.

nrich102

Quote from: Jukes on October 13, 2012, 01:56:30 PM
Nrich you're on fire today! Too bad all the good players are taken so you gotta do the spuds haha.

Can't see Giles dropping from 81 average to 78, reckon he'll average mid 80s.

Can see Giles as being a dt regular with 95+ average in the future, but no this season. Not good enough to replace Leuey or Goldy in my line-up.

Bro-tip: Make your summaries a bit longer. Most peeps make theirs a paragraph at least, I try for like 8 lines a pop. Other then that it's good.

Thanks mate

Scrads

Honestly will not be a terrible option but I doubt he will improve to 90+

Does he become more appetising if he is a F/R ?

Ziplock

Quote from: Scrads on October 13, 2012, 11:55:48 PM
Honestly will not be a terrible option but I doubt he will improve to 90+

Does he become more appetising if he is a F/R ?

yeah, but not likely. He did have stints in the forward line, but honestly rucked for the majority of nearly every game. Folau, Phillips can't ruck for long, brogan was in and out with injury, and even in the team he often went to ff before giles.

Spinking

Bit too expensive, and way too many other options who will either score higher, or make more money.

Not for me.

Ricochet

has re-signed with GWS this morning but still a fair way off the pack in terms of DT

elephants

His resigning makes me a bit more keen. I think he could be vulnerable to a Zac Smith type year this year...

nrich102