HEIGHT: 191cm     WEIGHT: 92kg

2007 GAMES: 20     DT AVERAGE: 85

2008 GAMES: 22     DT AVERAGE: 90

2009 GAMES: 21    DT AVERAGE: 84

2010 GAMES: 20     DT AVERAGE: 85

2011 GAMES: 22     DT AVERAGE: 84

2012 GAMES: 15     DT AVERAGE: 72

HISTORY:

2007 Established himself as one of the AFL's premier defenders finishing runner up in the best and fairest and narrowly missing All Australian selection

2008 Confirmed himself as one of the Saints most valuable players with his first best and fairest and All Australian selection

2009 Became a vital cog in running the ball out of defence for the Saints leading the rebound 50's while also finishing 7th in the AFL for marks. He took his game to another level in the finals averaging 29 disposals

2010 The leader of the AFL's most miserly defence. Fisher thrived both at stopping the opposition and setting up play. Led the club for short kicks and was third in the AFL for marks. Had an outstanding finals series and was a Norm Smith Medal contender in the drawn Grand Final.

2011 While the Saints struggled to get going in the early part of the season, Fisher was the clear stand out for his work in defence. Often took on the best opposition forward and even had the occasional run in the midfield. Led the Saints in rebounds from the defensive 50 and was in the top four for disposals, contested possessions and marks

2012 Had an injury interupted pre season and started off slowly. Suffered a hamstring injury in round 6 and missed rounds 7-11 returning for one game and then missing another. Suffered a toe injury in round 21 and missed the last 2 games of the season.

VERDICT: With a lack of quality talls he had to play on the best forwards and as a result his average took a hammering. Will the Saints pick up some more tall defenders and push him back into the dreamteam friendly positions ?. If he has a good preseason and position change he could bounce back and score like we know he can. Underpriced valued at an average of 72

PREDICTION: 82-87 ?  Depends on his role within the team

Adamant

I think he will go back to an 80ish average (which is decent for his price), but it would be a big risk to start him given his age.

/////////////////////////

no way. hes old and should retire. jeremy cameron will kill him

Football Factory

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on October 11, 2012, 08:33:01 PM
I think he will go back to an 80ish average (which is decent for his price), but it would be a big risk to start him given his age.
Yeah really cant see myself putting him in .. was one of few players that hadnt been profiled  ;D

Football Factory

Justin Bieber

He ruined this thread and is gone ::) lol

The_Captain

Ricochet

Seemed to play more of a lockdown type role this year. I would expect a similar average next year

Scrads

Can't see him regaining his average of years gone by, almost no chance of making my team.

stew42

Quote from: Adamant on October 11, 2012, 08:39:06 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 11, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
Quote from: ///////////////////////// on October 11, 2012, 08:34:32 PM
no way. hes old and should retire. jeremy cameron will kill him

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68563.msg907196/boardseen.html#new
Unfortunately he cant see it as he's not a coach.
However, I will be able to see it soon, in 28 posts in fact...
I apologise in advance if my next 28 aren't quite as good quality as normal :D

Footy_Boiz

Not for me, unless he gets back to the free flowing game he used to play

Windigo

Spinking

Really depends on what the Saints can pick up. Fisher has become more defensive the past couple of years, due to the Saints lack of tall backs. If they can jag a key defender or two, I'll be getting on him.