2009 GAMES: 18         DT AVERAGE: 84

2010 GAMES: 5           DT AVERAGE: 66

2011 GAMES: 16         DT AVERAGE: 75

2012 GAMES:        DT AVERAGE: 49

CAREER HIGHS

SUPERCOACH: 158 vs Brisbane 2007

DREAMTEAM: 123 vs Collingwood 2008

HISTORY:

2007 he was one of the suprise packets, after winning plenty of the ball in 21 games he became an Adelaide favourite. The Crows believed he would turn into a quality midfielder.

2008 he was one of the most improved players in the AFL. He built on his excellent 2007 season to become a key for the Crows in 2008. Amassed 318 disposals despite missing 6 games through thigh and Hamstring injuries. Adelaide now believed he would become a prolific midfielder with a touch of class

2009 The classy left-footers transformation from a  midfielder into a dangerous, hard-working small forward was one of the stunning features of the Crows 2009 season. Kicked 43.25 including 14.2 in a three game purple patch. Missed four games with a fractured eye socket.

2010 was a horror year for Knights. He suffered foot,abdominal and hamstring injuries that restricted him to just 5 games

2011  After a horror year in 2010 with injuries he was unable to recapture consistent form in 2011. Managed only 10 goals in the first 14 games and was omitted in round 15. Moving into the midfiled in the latter part of the season he started to find more of the ball, picking up 31 and 33 possessions in rounds 19 and 21.

2012 Had fallen out of favour by this stage and wasnt really given the opportunity under new coach Sanderson, only managed 5 games.

VERDICT:   If Knights can have an injury free pre season and recapture his old form before injuries crueled his career he might be one of the pick ups of the year. At a price of $254,200 firstly i think he needs to cement his spot in Richmonds best 22, a good pre season and a good Nab showing should be enough to do exactly that. After his 2009 season i thought this guy was going to become one of the elite Goalkicking Midfielders in the comp if Richmond get him right with injuries it could be a massive pick up by the Tigers.

PREDICTION: 75-85 at 254k there's some money to be made

IVAN Maric's worth at Richmond is not confined to the centre square with the ruckman playing a role in landing Chris Knights

The former Adelaide midfielder became the first AFL free agent to find a new home when the unrestricted free agent today signed with the Tigers.

Knights and Maric spent seven years together at the Crows and their close friendship helped Knights opt for the Tigers despite several other clubs showing interest.

"Yeah, there were a few through the year that spoke to my management," he said today.

"It wasn't until the season finished when I sat down with (my manager) and assessed my options.

"It's probably a good fit, they've played some really good football this year and my best mate Ivan, he went there this year.

"I lived with Ivan Maric for six years before he moved across and and I spoke to him about the club and the direction they're heading and he couldn't speak more highly about the culture.

"As a player that's what you value in a football club."

Knights today met with Tigers coach Damien Hardwick to thrash out the club's plans for him next year.

Knights told SEN he was likely to play predominantly as a high half forward, but would be happy to line up in whatever position benefits the team.

After eight years at the Crows, the left-footer qualified as an unrestricted free agent.

Adelaide had no option to match Richmond's offer and will have to settle for compensation from the AFL - likely to be a a second or third-round draft pick.

Knights has played 96 games since joining the Crows in the 2004 draft, including just five this season.

“We’re delighted to have gained Chris’s services, as we believe he’ll be a valuable acquisition for our group,” Richmond football manager Craig Cameron said.

“Chris has the all-round talent, versatility, and experience to really help us, and we feel that he’ll thrive with the opportunities at Tigerland.”

Club by club guide to trade month
The Tigers hope Knights will follow the success of recent aquisitions Maric, Bachar Houli and Shaun Grigg.

Knights, 26, said he was excited about a new start.

“The last week has been quite nerve racking, but to finally get pen to paper and join this fantastic club is an honour,” Knights said.

“I spent eight years with the Adelaide Football Club, which has been fantastic to me. Your career is a short one, and you just have to make the most of it, and Richmond gave me that opportunity, so I’m just delighted to be here.”

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/former-crow-chris-knights-joins-richmond-as-a-free-agent/story-fnahrqwo-1226485904363

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/chris-knights-walks-out-on-adelaide-crows/story-fnahrqwo-1226481063878

On a side note if Knights plays as a high half forward will this mean Martin will play mainly in the midfield in 2013 ? .. if so i think he is a great pickup at $436,800 in the forward line

Toga

thats ok mate, the moderators might just merge our profiles :)

but very nice, detailed write-up! i can definitely see him averaging about 80 at richmond, I am definitely considering him.

Adamant

Knights is definitely in the mix, reckon he can push an 80 avg.
Interesting point you brought up about Dusty, if he is playing full time in the mids, he should be able to pull a 90+ average!

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on October 07, 2012, 03:57:20 PM
Knights is definitely in the mix, reckon he can push an 80 avg.
Interesting point you brought up about Dusty, if he is playing full time in the mids, he should be able to pull a 90+ average!

i agree, very good pick up!

i was gonna start with dusty regardless but he's locked for me now ;)

henry

Knights is locked for me providing he's named round 1 and has no injuries in the pre season. Should be comfortably in their best 22 and I see no reason why he couldn't return to averaging 85.

/////////////////////////

he wasnt getting a game at the crows because he isnt very good. he will burn you at the tigers after he plays 3 games then gets dropped

quinny88

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on October 07, 2012, 05:21:06 PM
he wasnt getting a game at the crows because he isnt very good. he will burn you at the tigers after he plays 3 games then gets dropped

Thats odd because every Adelaide supporter ive heard from has nothing but good things to say about him..

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on October 07, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Thats odd because every Adelaide supporter ive heard from has nothing but good things to say about him..
He wasn't getting a game because he was injured and he did play he was normally the sub which resulted in low scores. He should score well next year at Richmond when he is given opportunities and should average 85+  8)

Footy_Boiz

Lock him in round one. One of the midpricers not coming back of a injury so shouldn't take the time to get back into it

Toga

yes. because the tigers would waste time and money signing him if they were gonna play him three times and drop him.

sounds logical ???

i think i'll stick with him thanks mate.

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on October 07, 2012, 09:50:40 PM

yes. because the tigers would waste time and money signing him if they were gonna play him three times and drop him.

sounds logical ???

i think i'll stick with him thanks mate.
+1  ;D

Spinking

Great write up!

Am considering, but depends on rookie fwds. He probably will go up in price a bit, but not enough to be considered a cash cow, and won't go ear premium I'd think. Will keep an eye on the nab though.

The_Captain

Shihan7

Probably wont be able to fit him in :-\

Mr.Craig

Worth a punt at F5/F6 I reckon.

Not expecting the world, a 75 average and 140k price rise would be enough to make me happy. Anything more would be a bonus.