Price - $423,900(fan planner)

2011 Games - 22

2012 Games - 16

2011 Average - 99

2012 Average - 82

2012 Tons - 4

2012 High Score - 137

2012 Low Score - 24

Summary - After a disappointing year for Goodes, He should be getting back to his form from 2011. The one battle Goodes has is with his body. If he can get his knee back under control, he could score high.

Verdict - I'm thinking of him at his cheap price.

Predicted Average - 93

Scrads

Don't think he will ever reach the heights that he did in the past but none-the-less could still be a solid option.

Not for me unfortunately.

Toga

steering clear of him. there was reports that his knee injury could even be a career ender.

quinny88

Nah hes done now I think. Will play less and less mid time which will hurt his scores

nrich102

Quote from: Toga on October 02, 2012, 03:34:58 PM
steering clear of him. there was reports that his knee injury could even be a career ender.
If I were him I'd retire after winning the GF

Toga

Quote from: nrich102 on October 02, 2012, 03:37:50 PM

yeah same, that's why I'm thinking he is on his way out, now is the perfect time to retire imo

Windigo

Quote from: nrich102 on October 02, 2012, 03:37:50 PM

There are murmuring that he may do that, but I'd like to see him play on, which I think he will despite a 10 week PCL injury.

Adamant

Could be a little underpriced but definitely not for me at his age...also his latest injury.

Capper

i have always had Goodes in my team at the start, this year i said to myself wait till mid year but i couldn't resist as he was playing GWS twice.

Not too sure about next year though (famous last words) Not too worried about the knee, more the whole body

If Tippett does join the Swans then don't expect Goodes to score well, i think he will be there directing traffic more than anything

The_Captain

no chance of an 93 average.. Thinking more 85-88 somewhere...

Ajax22

Quote from: tabs on October 07, 2012, 11:32:43 PM
i have always had Goodes in my team at the start, this year i said to myself wait till mid year but i couldn't resist as he was playing GWS twice.

Not too sure about next year though (famous last words) Not too worried about the knee, more the whole body

If Tippett does join the Swans then don't expect Goodes to score well, i think he will be there directing traffic more than anything

I doubt Tippet joining will do anything other than help Goodes. He won't be required in the forward line as a key target so should get more opportunities to run through the middle. The big worry is as you stated, his body. If it holds up and he's running well you would think he would still run thru the midfield and could start to rack up some fairly big numbers again. Personally I'm not really sure its worth the risk tho since if he starts getting some niggles they might put him on ice a bit throughout the year to get him firing come finals time. Might be more of a final upgrade target this time around

Jukes

Quote from: Adamant on October 08, 2012, 12:00:41 AM
Goodes has already been done by ele: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67841.0.html

We're allowed to have differing opinions mate.

No for me on Goodes, would rather Cloke in that price bracket of under-priced premo.

Ajax22

Quote from: Jukes on October 08, 2012, 12:12:25 AM
Quote from: Adamant on October 08, 2012, 12:00:41 AM
Goodes has already been done by ele: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67841.0.html

We're allowed to have differing opinions mate.

No for me on Goodes, would rather Cloke in that price bracket of under-priced premo.

At this stage I'm thinking the same

Ricochet

interesting to note that after the 2005 gf win Goodes increased his average by 15 points in 2006
sadly i don't think he can do that again