2013 Player Profile: Gary Rohan

Started by LaHug, October 01, 2012, 10:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Gary Rohan - Sydney Swans (requested by Footy_Boiz)

Position: FWD

Price: $240,800 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 7

2012 Games: 4

2011 Average: 45.9

2012 Average: 46.8

2012 Tons: 0

Summary: A broken foot brought his third season to an early halt but I don't think there was really much DT potential there, regardless of injury. Even without the 9 from his injury game, his other 3 only averaged 59. By all means, he's underpriced and will probably improve a bit (he's only 21) but I don't think he'll be a DT star any time soon. Of his 22 games over his career, he's only had two scores above 80 but 16 below 60.

Verdict: Not a chance.

LH's prediction: 60

Adamant

Yeah not for me, doesnt look like a DT'er.

Footy_Boiz

Cheers lahug. Was hoping he would be cheaper. Has the potential to be a good player and if was 50k cheaper and smashes preseason would have considered but a bit to pricey

Adamant

Quote from: Footy_Boiz on October 01, 2012, 10:45:17 PM
Cheers lahug. Was hoping he would be cheaper. Has the potential to be a good player and if was 50k cheaper and smashes preseason would have considered but a bit to pricey
He's a good player with his pace, but probably wont rack up the 25+ possesions to be DT relevant  :-\

Footy_Boiz

Quote from: Adamant on October 01, 2012, 10:50:10 PM
He's a good player with his pace, but probably wont rack up the 25+ possesions to be DT relevant  :-\
True true. He is quick but. Him and Jetta on the wings could be a very pacey combo

Adamant

Quote from: Footy_Boiz on October 01, 2012, 10:58:20 PM
Quote from: Adamant on October 01, 2012, 10:50:10 PM
True true. He is quick but. Him and Jetta on the wings could be a very pacey combo
Yep.

Kellogscrunchynut

Picked him in 2011 not going to do so in the near future.

stew42

He'll be a star of the AFL, alas not so for our DTs

Spinking

I like the look of him. Won't be jumping on - too many uncertainties for me, but I'll be interested to see how he returns. I've got a feeling he will be fantasy relevant into the future, but we are a while away from seeing that.

Capper

May not play the first game next year and if the 3 man bench with 1 sub changes to a 2 man bench with 2 subs then this increases his likely hood of being the sub.

Great player more likely to be SC relevant than DT

Although i think he will be cheaper than $240K

henry

Yeah surely would be cheaper than 240k. If he is more in the 180k range will consider, depending on how he goes in the pre season.

quinny88

That was a horrific break. I wouldnt expect him back round 1

nrich102

Scrads

I like him alot, but it will be too hard to squeeze him into the forward line with all the other value in there.

Adamant

LeCras is $19,000 cheaper than Rohan & Gray is $500 more expensive...
I think I know which 2 I'll be picking.