Courtenay Dempsey (Essendon Bombers)    - requested by Matty

Position: Defender

Price: $363,600 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: 4

2012 Games: 20

2011 Average: 49.5

2012 Average: 76.8

2012 Tons: 3

Big games: Bulldogs (129), Adelaide (113)

Summary:
After serious injury concerns cut his 2011 season to only four games, Demps was a popular mid-priced pick up early this season. Unfortunately for those risk-taking owners, Demps's hammy went twang once again in just round 3, seeing him subbed off for a measly score of just 10. But he was back in action in round 7, and scored kinda inconsistently throughout the middle of the season, with scores ranging from 48 to 129. But Courtenay steadied the ship just in time for his DT owners taking part in DT finals, scoring reasonably consistently in the 70's range for the last few rounds of the season.

Verdict:
Not a bad pick up at his price of $244,800 at the start of the season, but next season, being a bit more pricier, I don't think I can see him getting a spot in my team. Not too consistent in his scoring and can't see him upping his average too much, so I'd be looking elsewhere to complete my backline.

Predicted 2013 average: 75

Kellogscrunchynut

Had him all year through his ups and downs and the bombers need him to play well to win. But in saying that I cannot seriously see myself picking him again.

Toga

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 12, 2012, 11:36:26 PM
Had him all year through his ups and downs and the bombers need him to play well to win. But in saying that I cannot seriously see myself picking him again.

yeah i had him all year and i didn't mind having him. usually good for around a 70ish score, tied in with a few lower ones and a few higher ones... but can't see him fitting in at that price

Adamant

Pass for me...but his average would be like low-80's without his two sub-affected games...not bad.

demon_spud

Traded him in for Broughton after week 3 or so.  Looked like pretty bad decision to begin with, but as the year progressed did alright in the end.  Covered a Carrazzo in the GF, so can't complain.

Not for next year, will find cheaper defender on the rise.

Torpedo10

Ricochet

won't be in my team next year (unless he kills it haha)

elephants

No thanks, seems a little inconsistent.

Is he susceptible to tags?

Windigo

Certainly not the worst defender option going around, but I'm sure there are better options...

Toga

Quote from: elephants on September 15, 2012, 02:10:40 PM

Don't think so ele-just seems to go missing sometimes... That's as far as I'm aware though!

henry

Many other cheaper defenders like Bock and Harbrow are ahead of him, not for me.

elephants

Quote from: Toga on September 15, 2012, 03:09:00 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 15, 2012, 02:10:40 PM

Don't think so ele-just seems to go missing sometimes... That's as far as I'm aware though!

Ahh, okay. Thanks mate :)

Shihan7

Spinking

Reminds me a bit of Heath Shaw in terms of output.  Can put together very nice scores and racks up a lot of points as a key point of their setup out of defence, however is occasionally called on to play a role and becomes fantasy irrelevant.  Always seemed to happen when I needed a good score too.  ::)

Can't see him going to another level in 2013, and is just a bit too injury prone for me at this stage...

Capper

He is worth considering but with Bock cheaper i would rather Bock