elephants

Luke Ball - Collingwood Magpies

Position: MID

Price: $244,600 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 21

2012 Games: 3

2011 Average: 96.3

2012 Average: 74

2012 Tons: 1 and an 86 and his injury affected game.

Summary: This dude is consistent. Will give you between 80-110 pretty much every single week. Ideally, this makes him V.A.L.U.E at a touch over 240k... but wait... Some guy called Dayne Beams has moved into the midfield this season with aplomb and another bloke named Steele Sidebum has done okay too. Is there still a spot for the consistent (has averaged between 83 and 96 since 2004, his second year of footy) Luke Ball in the Pies line-up? I think so. Maybe as a more hybrid half forward though.

Verdict: In my side. I think at 240k for a potential 80's to 90's averaging midfielder... He picks himself ;)

Ele's prediction: After an extended pre-season I'm seeing good things from Luke - 90.

Ricochet

Ball, Risci, Embley + the quality of rooks coming through... we're not gonna be able to fit them all in
i have no idea who will start for me

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on September 12, 2012, 12:25:16 AM
Ball, Risci, Embley + the quality of rooks coming through... we're not gonna be able to fit them all in
i have no idea who will start for me

+1 thats the main thing I've got out of tonight hahah!

KoopKicka

Gah ball or embley, will be very tough. :/

Adamant

Gonna be hard cutting Swanny, Pendles, Beams and Ball down to 2 for the byes  :-\

DT Gun

Pick swanky Pendleton and ball, upgrade ball at the bye

fortynine

Turkies

Don't even worry about his spot in the Pies midfield. As a supporter, he will absolutely play just as much time in the midfield. He is our first player at the ball, gets in and under every pack and dishes it off to Swan/Pendles. Sidey/Beams will be pushed forward long before Luke Ball. He is essential to our midfield.

Adamant

Think Im gonna go Embley instead. Ball coming off a knee reco is a bit more risky.

elephants

Yeah I'm thinking the same Adamant ;)

Shihan7

So cheap, but i cant have three pies in the midfield,

Adamant

Noz

Cheap but reliable will serve us great and at a tick just under 300k he won't take long until he reaches the 500k+ heights. Mid season upgrade to a premium.

Thinking about starting with one of Swan/Pendles and Ball then upgrading Ball to the one i don't start with mid season.

Plus with rumours surrounding Wellingham leaving this would open up a midfield spot for Ball so starting Pendles, Swan, Ball, Beams, Sidebottom, Thomas? in the same side.

elephants

Where is Wellingham headed??

Would love to see him head home and join us tbh!

Noz

He has been rumoured to head to Melbourne on a multi year deal being a Perth boy i have heard small rumours linking him there.