Sam Gilbert - St Kilda Saints

Position: BACK

Price: $310,700 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 22

2012 Games: 21

2011 Average: 69.8

2012 Average: 65.6

2012 Tons: 1 + a 97

Summary: Lets start with the good things... He's durable - only missed 1 game in 3 years (and 4 in 4 years) and thus, his JS is right up there. Also, in 2009 and 2010 Gilbo was a true backline premium averaging 89.1 and 93.2 respectively. Thats about where it stops. He's averaged 69 and 65 over the past two years as he's been thrown everywhere (from full-back to full-forward) with no consistency present in his game. The seemingly inevitable departure of Goddard may change all this though...?

Verdict: You should all thank me! My main POD out there for all to see. Shortlisted but I'll likely person out...

Ele's prediction: Boom or Bust... I'm feeling a real boom year - 88.

Ricochet

was very DT relevant in the past and has ability to be again, but i wont be taking the risk

Adamant

Yeah, hasnt been the same since that 2010 GF...

elephants

Wow.. this is going well so far. I expected to be slayed for my prediction ;D

KoopKicka

Another nice write up ele! :) will definitely,look at him! :)

Adamant

Strong prediction, any reason why you think he will bounce back?

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on September 13, 2012, 10:57:11 PM
Strong prediction, any reason why you think he will bounce back?

If Goddard goes and with Fisher aging I see little other alternative!

Justin Bieber

For him to turn into the next Goddard, you need to be able to kick.

elephants

henry

No thanks. Many ahead of him, I don't see him lifting his average much. He seems to play well when St Kilda play well (hence best seasons in GF-making teams) and I don't think the saints will make finals next year. No.

elephants

Quote from: henry on September 14, 2012, 06:05:21 PM
No thanks. Many ahead of him, I don't see him lifting his average much. He seems to play well when St Kilda play well (hence best seasons in GF-making teams) and I don't think the saints will make finals next year. No.

Perhaps the other way round is true..?

Capper

Quote from: henry on September 14, 2012, 06:05:21 PM
yeh totally agree and i cant see the saints being any good next year. Terry Wallace gave them a dreadful list review on the trade talk podcast

Shihan7

Cant see him regaining 2010 form, but nice write up ele ;)

PowerMan

No Goddard!, No Gram = a great unique pick IMO.

surely has to stay in defence this season

nrich102

I think Grams average will go up, but it won't get past 80. Pass