2013 Player Profile: Tom Mitchell

Started by stew42, September 10, 2012, 11:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Tom Mitchell â€" Sydney Swans

Position: M
Price: $101,600 (sourced from Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 0
2012 Games: 0

2011 Average: 0
2012 Average: 0

2012 max score: 0
2012 min score: 0

Summary: A gun draftee, son of Swan Barry Mitchell, he was drafted at Pick 21 of the 2011 Draft, but could’ve gone top 10. Will be turning 20 in 2013, so will have a bit more bulk than your average draftee. Averaged 28 disposals in 2011 U/18 Championships. Got 42 possessions off 70 minutes from his third NEAFL game, however his season has been interrupted by injury (knee tendonitis and foot). He hasn’t broken into senior side, along with players such as Gordon, Moore, and Meredith.

Verdict: If he breaks into the Swans senior side, he will do well enough to be in most serious teams. Atm, he is pencilled into my FP team, but I will be waiting for NAB before making any decision.

Stew42’s prediction:

Alternatives: God, Gary Ablett Jnr, Miranda Kerr

Adamant

Gun!
lock in my side atm, but will keep an eye on NAB form.

stew42

Yeah, my review probably talks him down a bit. His scoring ability can't be questioned, it's only his JS which worries me...

Ricochet

Zombie2.5

If he gets a game round one, I'll bring him into my team. If not, I'll just choose the other gun draftees or Brad Crouch/O'Meara.

He is a gun, has great potential and I think he should've played this year, but I heard the Swans wanted to hold him back in the reserves to prepare for playing next season. Hopefully he gets a gig and even if he plays 10-15 that would be great, giving time to hold if he's doing well, or trade after rounds 7-10

Jukes

Tommy is a jet, comes from my wafl club and he was a star, very rated.

Don't see him JS at this stage pushing Whitfield, Garlett, Crouch and O'Meara from my side atm but NAB cup will change that a lot.

Capper

it is a big IF he makes it in to the team.

I think he is behind players like Gordon, Meredith and Moore. I dont think he is behind White, different position.

Might be ahead of Moore next year but needs to get some games under his belt. Only played a handful of games this year and his game time increased with each game until some knee tendonitis stopped him.

He needs atleast half a season in the NEAFL next year before he plays in the 1s

elephants

Capper

will still be at the swans next year as well

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: tabs on September 11, 2012, 01:13:06 AM

He needs atleast half a season in the NEAFL next year before he plays in the 1s

That would be perfect ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on October 16, 2012, 12:11:07 AM
will still be at the swans next year as well
yeh can't see them letting him go

Shihan7

Likely starter if named round 1...although there are a lot of decent mid rooks.

Spinking

Swans fans got the low down aside from injury on why no game time last year? Very highly rated but not given a run. Any chance there will be a repeat this year?

stew42

Bolton might be phased out a bit... I'd wait and see what happens in trade week, because if parker/meredith go, Mitchell moves up the food chain. TBH, I think Mitchell wasn't good enough to get into the Swans' midfield. He has the raw talent, but whether he had the discipline and knowledge of our gameplan.
I would guess (70% sure) that he would debut next year.