2013 Player Profile - Shaun Atley

Started by Noz, September 10, 2012, 04:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Name: Shaun Atley

Club: North Melbourne

Position: Midfielder/Defender (Possible DPP)

2011 Games - 16

2011 Average - 48

2011 100s - Nil

2012 Games - 22

2012 Average - 60

2012 100s - Nil

Verdict: Shaun does look to be progressing nicely, His 12 point improvement from his 2011 average was good and will look to advance in his third year in the system, Has locked a spot in the Roos best 22 and will deliver them run of half back due to a packed midfielder, He has the pace and the skill to be the go to man out of defence and with another pre season under his belt i believe he will come out and bump up his average possible another 20 points.

The Facts: Shaun is ranked 10th in the AFL for most time spent on ground so the Roos do need him on the field he is also ranked 7th in the AFL for running bounces with 47 and 12th for running bounces per game average 2 per game.

Noz's selection: Hard to go past him if he is a DPP and especially if his price is under 350k, Being his third year in the system i think he is ready for a break out season.

Noz's Prediction: 80

Justin Bieber

Shh don't tell anyon :P lol, nah

But yeah what's your prediction average? I think about 70.

Noz

Quote from: whatlez on September 10, 2012, 05:08:40 PM
Shh don't tell anyon :P lol, nah

But yeah what's your prediction average? I think about 70.

I think he can push up towards a 80 average they will look to use him the majority of the team to get out of defence has good kicking efficiency and good pace.

KoopKicka

Very nice write up Noz, wont be  in my plans unless DPP.

henry

Definitely in my plans, I was hoping nobody was thinking about him lol. A real talent and has had a great season, I can see his possessions pick up next year.

Ricochet

nice write up mate, i don't think i'll be looking at him next year but definitely in the future

Adamant

Great write-up Noz.
Atley not on my radar, but can see him averaging mid-70's

Capper

Nice write up but not for me next year. Already to many mid pricers to pick before atley even if he does get DPP

The_Captain

awesomeeee player, but not for dream team at the moment..

Shihan7

Not for me next year but maybe in years to come.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Noz on September 10, 2012, 04:39:12 PM

Even if he finds his way out of that submarine I still don't think he'll be a worthwhile pick.

Ricochet

Holz

I would be really surprised if he doesn't get defense status. I dont see much value down back and it depends if any rookies can step up in the preseason. I think its a no for DT a myabee for SC.

I cant see him being a bad pick but going up to mid 70s at his price isnt all that good.

Windigo

Really don't see him tearing it to shreds next year TBH.

Might take a bit more time for Atley I'd think.  :-\

Noz

Found some information on Shaun that may be a bit interesting

Supercoach HQ -
Shaun ATLEY -  ATLEY showed some of his potential in 2012, playing all 22 matches and averaging a tidy 71 pts per game. Young and fast, ATLEY became an integral part of the Roos quick ball movement, and expect him to only improve in 2013. If named as a defender, get on him.

North Melbourne Player Review -
North Melbourne's 2012 campaign is now complete and most players are enjoying a well earned break. Now is the perfect time to analyse each of them, assess their strengths and weaknesses, and see who is best suited to take the club forward.

kangaroos.com.au is conducting reviews on all players to play a senior game in 2012, underlining their best games, season statistics and video highlights.

Season stats

Games 23: Goals: 2
Disposals: 422 (18.3)
Kicks: 199 (8.7)
Handballs: 223 (9.7)
Marks: 67 (2.9)

AFL stats

Ranked 7th in total bounces
Ranked 19th in total time on ground percentage

kangaroos.com.au says

After a promising debut season, Atley used a move to the half back line to announce himself to the football world.

Using his elite pace and improved foot skills, he added another weapon to Brad Scott’s arsenal which he previously lacked. Collecting double figure possessions in all 23 games, Atley was impressively consistent.

Perhaps his biggest improvement was on the defensive side of the ball. In Round 7 he lowered his colours to Tory Dickson, yet just seven rounds later, he blanketed Stephen Milne on the way to a big victory.

Quotes

"It was the 20-year-old in just his 28th game who produced some brilliance to essentially win North Melbourne the game."
Scott Gullan - Herald Sun

"Now Shaun Atley is running on half back and it's such a great sight when he gets going."
Todd Goldstein

"Earlier in the year when I first started playing down there I was so conscious of my opponent. I wasn't running nearly as much as I am now because I was so worried about where they were and what they could do."
Shaun Atley

I will say this now Atley will be one of my first picked players when DT opens