Joel Selwood - Geelong Cats

Position: MID

Price: $486,800 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 17

2012 Games: 20

2011 Average: 109.2

2012 Average: 103.1

2012 Tons: 14!!

Summary: Another captain to be profiled! Joel has had a good record as far as staying on the park is concerned with only 13 games missed in his 6 year career. There is no doubt he is class he just needs to stop getting KO'd long enough to post a string of DT scores! Averages over 100 in his past 4 years and is arguably underpriced for what he is capable of!

Verdict: Not a fan to be honest. A very viable option though for an 'under-priced' premium midfielder!

Ele's prediction: Only problem is he is in a falling team. Should still score well - 109.

Adamant

Cheers ele  :)
Had him from the start this year....pretty dissapointing tbh, but reckon he will bounce back next year and avg 105+
Wont be starting with him though  :P

KoopKicka

elephants

Oops haha forgot to go...

*requested by Adamant

^^There you go :P

JBs-Hawks

Had him this year but will pass next year. was meant to be underpriced this year with his KO last season but went backwards. Lost his high ceiling and just played consistent scores, better options now.

Adamant

tbagrocks

I paid over 540k this year expecting slight improvement and with the Captaincy, well I was wrong and he just doesn't get the ball as much as the top ball winners to be viable, doesn't tackle like Redden or Swallow either so... pass

Zombie2.5

Had him this year, expecting him to go boom with the captaincy and natural development, but he has disappointed me this year.
He also keeps getting KO'd and going in headfirst like a soldier. One day he could get really badly injured(probably already has :P) and I don't want him in my DT at that time... Also A LOT of great mids next year, some great value, or some just must-haves. Also the rookies to be drafted look very good, plus there is still O'Meara and Brad Crouch.... Doesn't seem like I can fit him in...

Ricochet

was super consistent at the start of the year but with others pushing 110-120+ averages i dont think i'll be starting with him

LF

Had him this year I was another who thought he'd improve his scoring as well I don't think I'll start with him next season too many other great options.Will keep an eye on him as a possible upgrade tho but atm seems like a better option in SC now than in DT.

me

Scrads

Might be a unique judging by all this feedback ;)

Justin Bieber

Capper

With all the cheap mids i will be only looking at locking in only 2 or 3 prems next year so Jelwood is behind Swan, GAJ, Thomo, JPK