Colin Sylvia - Melbourne Demons

Position: MID/FWD

Price: $360,300 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 19

2012 Games: 17

2011 Average: 90.6

2012 Average: 75.6

2012 Tons: 4

Summary: I rate Colin as one of the better players in the Demons side and indeed in the competition when at full flight (yes, that one time...). He is immensely under priced due to a delayed and interrupted start to the season in which he averaged a measly 33 points over his first 3 games! In the years prior to this Colin has gone 83 96, 96 and 91 last year so really should be ready for a big bounce back!

Verdict: IN!. Despite the other mid-priced options, I have found a place for Colin... Clearly he is a favourite of mine so completely understand if others don't rate him as highly!

Ele's prediction: Average of 93!

Kellogscrunchynut

Wouldn't pick him in a million years, although it would scare the shower out of me to see him lining up against me.

elephants

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 09, 2012, 08:18:40 PM
Wouldn't pick him in a million years, although it would scare the shower out of me to see him lining up against me.

Hahahaha just the response I was expecting :P

Torpedo10

Injuries and inconsistency are driving me away from Sylvia sadly.

henry

In for me too. Hit his straps by the middle of the season and after the bye averaged over 91. Will be severely underpriced, lock for me. I have had him in the past and he can be infuriatingly inconsistent. Is a real talent though, and hopefully noe he's matured a bit his worst won't be too bad.

elephants

Quote from: henry on September 09, 2012, 08:22:14 PM
In for me too. Hit his straps by the middle of the season and after the bye averaged over 91. Will be severely underpriced, lock for me. I have had him in the past and he can be infuriatingly inconsistent. Is a real talent though, and hopefully noe he's matured a bit his worst won't be too bad.
Agree with everything here! Well done :)

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 09, 2012, 08:22:02 PM
Injuries and inconsistency are driving me away from Sylvia sadly.

Completely understandable mate. Definitely not alone :P

Kellogscrunchynut

Would consider bringing him in as a final trade just to get inside my opponents head.

Adamant

You are on fire with these write-ups LE!  ;D
Sylvia just about a lock for me  :o
His form after returning from his spine injury has made him significantly underpriced. Averaged 92 from RD 13 onwards...but will be priced at 75!

elephants

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 09, 2012, 08:24:57 PM
Would consider bringing him in as a final trade just to get inside my opponents head.

Hahaha love it. My mate did that once with Glass. Bought him in, chucked him the C as he was playing against his old man who sucked at DT!

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2012, 08:26:08 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 09, 2012, 08:24:57 PM

Hahaha love it. My mate did that once with Glass. Bought him in, chucked him the C as he was playing against his old man who sucked at DT!
Haha gold would be the ultimate insult.

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on September 09, 2012, 08:25:48 PM
His form after returning from his spine injury has made him significantly underpriced. Averaged 92 from RD 13 onwards...but will be priced at 75!

Anything to avoid study :P

LF

Blacklisted him after the 2011 season.

Ricochet

this!
from 2009-2011 he averaged over 90
at his price, you gotta have this guy if he is injury free

Adamant

Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2012, 08:28:15 PM

Anything to avoid study :P
haha

JBs-Hawks

depending on DPP movements a likely lock