Who regrets setting their team up for the bye rounds???

Started by Dave085, August 08, 2012, 07:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you regret it?

Yes
10 (29.4%)
No
11 (32.4%)
Didnt make much difference
13 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Dave085

Now that the bye rounds seem like a decade ago, who regrets setting their teams up for them now that finals are up this week?

I personally wont be doing it next year to the extent i did this year.

Windigo

I think next year the format will be different and hopefully better for us to deal with them.

No one likes copping donuts.

Justin Bieber

Ajax22

Planning too hard for the bye rounds was always gonna hurt in league. You can end up losing so many more matches thru the year thanks to dodgy choices and only make up the wins in 3 games. Overall the strat seemed to work to an extent but thats about it

Dave085

Yeah, i will also just be going for league next year. I stuffed around too long worrying about overall. Not that i ever thought i would win, but i would have like to be top 2,000 or something.

masedog333

Quote from: Windigo on August 08, 2012, 07:51:03 PM
I think next year the format will be different and hopefully better for us to deal with them.

No one likes copping donuts.

+1
it was stressful this season and there should have been a way to not cop any donuts, i think next year we hopefully might have 3 man benches back.

bowyanger

Sacrificed PPG up until the byes to ensure only 2 doughnuts max over the 3 rounds (if i did 4 trades during that time)...all I play this game for is to win overall..leagues is a charity / sympathy part of the game when overall has bolted off into the distance.

I planned on making major ground over the byes for overall

Byes time came...suffered like 10 blobs over the 3 weeks because of players getting dropped, rested & injured right around that time.

Total waste of time in planning...just like I think the next 4 games are going to be with coaches naming players but then resting them (or GS...yeah right!!!) on the day of the game...and its always players we have in our sides...the guns. AClarkson could drop some bombshells like last year over the next 4 weeks...Roughead, Mitchell, Birchall, Lewis...Swans could rest JPK, Jack, RoK...Pies may rest Beams (Swan and Sidebum have been rested)..Dangerpants and Thompson

It took me until rd 16 or so to climb into the top 1%

Total waste of time...wont do it again..will just take it as it comes in future and not comprimise PPG for future bye planning

yorgis

did'nt plan for it just made sure not to pick too many players from the same bye in each line

finished top in my cash league DT positioned about 320 in SC. Tried to get as many wins as possible before the byes

and copped donuts during byes without using trades  worked ok for me

KoopKicka

Im not gonna plan next year, all planning went out the window this year as the byes came. :/

Dave085

Is a major reason for all this becuase of injuries? Will we be regretting it next year if the format is the same?

Torpedo10

I didn't set my team up for bye rounds, ended up doing ok in them. Now I'm doing awesome around end of season.  :)

Slap

I did not plan for byes.  I came in with a goal to field the best team I could each week.  I ended up winning two of three match-ups during my bye period (and all three in a league I pay no attention to).  Doing very well now at the tail end, because I only have players I wanted and not the ones that were convenient.

I think those that planned for byes did not factor in injuries, which were rampant and unpredictable.  DT is a hard game to master, unless you can read the future.

Holz

Im a little bit weaker for the league finals, but setting myself up for the byes put me number 1 in the league and a high overall ranking.

At least a now have the double chance, i might not have the best team but i have the best draw. So need abit of luck.

Mr.Craig

I always tried to get the best lineup that I could regardless of how difficult it made the bye period. All the planning for perfect bye strategies was built around this fool's paradise where every player was going to be available. It was never going to work out and we all ended up suffering in fairly equal measure.

drongo

I did a lot of work setting up for the by rounds, won all three of them, but my team is a bit week going into the finals.
I will plan again next year and use the expirenence for better selections