AFL Match Review Panel Findings - JUDD FOUND GUILTY OF MISCONDUCT

Started by Tominator, July 16, 2012, 04:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Full MRP Report can be found here:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/141617/default.aspx

BIG NEWS: THE JUDD INICIDENT

Carlton captain Chris Judd's case has gone STRAIGHT to the Tribunal for his controversial "chicken-wing" tackle on North Melbourne midfielder Leigh "Patch" Adams

The incident has created a major storm in the footy world, dominating radio, TV and newspaper reports, and as a result the case has gone straight to the tribunal, and in past cases where this has happened big suspensions have been handed out. Judd could be in for a hefty suspension, and the fallout from this will most definitely play out over a few days.

OTHER SUSPENSIONS

North Melbourne young gun Jack Ziebell has been given a 3 week ban for rough conduct on Carlton player Aaron Joseph. Cannot be reduced due to bad record. It should be noted that the umpires didn't even award a free kick to Joseph at the time

Gold Coast utility Danny Stanley has been handed a 1 match ban for front-on contact with Richmond full forward Jack Riewoldt

Brisbane midfielder Daniel Rich has been given a 2 week suspension for rough conduct on St Kilda tagger Clint Jones

Brisbane big man Daniel Merrett can accept a 1-match ban for striking St Kilda captain Nick Riewoldt

REPRIMANDS

North Melbourne utility Sam Wright was given a reprimand for rough conduct on Carlton midfielder Mitch Robinson

North Melbourne key defender Nathan Grima was given a reprimand for striking Carlton defender Nick Duigan

Essendon defender Jake Carlisle was handed a reprimand for an off-the-ball incident on Port Adelaide utility Paul Stewart

West Coast midfielder Patrick McGinnity has been handed a reprimand for rough conduct on Sydney midfielder Ryan O'Keefe

CASES CLEARED

Gold Coast man-of-the-moment Karmichael Hunt, Richmond midfielder Trent Cotchin, Carlton full back Michael Jamison, St Kilda captain Nick Riewoldt and Geelong midfielder Joel Corey all had their cases cleared for their incidents over the weekend.

No suspensions or reprimands were offered.

monstrum

nice work Tom, Juddy was always goin straight to the Tribunal ;)...

how many points is 1 game?.. 100?

LF

nostradamus

Quote from: monstrum on July 16, 2012, 04:50:19 PM
nice work Tom, Juddy was always goin straight to the Tribunal ;)...

how many points is 1 game?.. 100?

Yep

Tominator

Windigo

Tominator

My take on the incidents:

The Judd Chicken-Wing
What are Carlton possibly going to say in their defence?? I can't see anything less than a 3-week ban, as he has the eye-gouging incident with Rischitelli on his record from the end of 2009, and the Pavlich incident from 2010. There was no way Adams could get the handball out in the first place with Carrazzo on his back. I think Judd has seen the strapping on Adams' shoulder and thought he was gonna put him in some pain. Umpires did not award a free kick to Adams - instead awarding a free kick to Judd after 3 Kangaroos players threw him to the ground - and Channel 7 commentators Commetti and McAveney did not shut up about how Judd was "putting on a clinic"... Were they talking about how to dislocate somebody's shoulder..? I am fairly sure Leigh Adams did not ask Chris Judd to pull his finger or to try and tickle him, so why Judd did it is absolutely baffling. The MRP are going to be judged on how hard (or soft) they are on Judd, and this is one of the most eagerly-anticipated cases in recent history, so they must use it to enhance rather than further hinder their reputation.

What's more ironic about this case is that he will probably still get 3 votes come Brownlow night because he played remarkably well (cue more "C Judd - 3 votes" memes)

What I would've given him: 4 weeks

The Ziebell Bump
Definitely not worth 3 weeks given Wellingham got the same penalty for it. Ziebell moved his body to protect himself from Joseph - who was courageously running back with the flight. Collision was inevitable yet the umpire did not award a free kick to Joseph. This shows that the umpires and the MRP are - yet again - not on the same page and something needs to be done about it. Given Ziebell's bad record I think a 1-match ban would be fair, as the incident was always going to be looked at. The Kangaroos have nothing to lose at the tribunal so I'm expecting them to challenge it.

What I would've given him: 1 week given bad record

The Rich Incident
Daniel Rich pressured Clint Jones as he got a kick away by the boundary line. After the ball left Jones' boot Rich shoved him into the fence in an aggressive manner. Dumb move but probably wouldn't have even been looked at 10 years ago but a different game now and you cannot get away with much. 2 week ban is probably a bit harsh but clearly the AFL wanna stamp out such behaviour so are coming down hard on Rich

What I would've given: 1 week with early plea

nostradamus

Quote from: Tominator on July 16, 2012, 05:07:54 PM
My take on the incidents:

The Judd Chicken-Wing
What are Carlton possibly going to say in their defence?? I can't see anything less than a 3-week ban, as he has the eye-gouging incident with Rischitelli on his record from the end of 2009. There was no way Adams could get the handball out in the first place with Carrazzo on his back. I think Judd has seen the strapping on Adams' shoulder and thought he was gonna put him in some pain. Umpires did not award a free kick to Adams - instead awarding a free kick to Judd after 3 Kangaroos players threw him to the ground - and Channel 7 commentators Commetti and McAveney did not shut up about how Judd was "putting on a clinic"... Were they talking about how to dislocate somebody's shoulder..? I am fairly sure Leigh Adams did not ask Chris Judd to pull his finger so why Judd did it is absolutely baffling.

What's more ironic about this case is that he will probably still get 3 votes come Brownlow night because he played remarkably well (cue more "C Judd - 3 votes" memes)

The Ziebell Bump
Definitely not worth 3 weeks given Wellingham got the same penalty for it. Ziebell moved his body to protect himself from Joseph - who was courageously running back with the flight. Collision was inevitable yet the umpire did not award a free kick to Joseph. This shows that the umpires and the MRP are - yet again - not on the same page and something needs to be done about it. Given Ziebell's bad record I think a 1-match ban would be fair, as the incident was always going to be looked at. The Kangaroos have nothing to lose at the tribunal so I'm expecting them to challenge it.

The Rich Incident
Daniel Rich pressured Clint Jones as he got a kick away by the boundary line. After the ball left Jones' boot Rich shoved him into the fence in an aggressive manner. Dumb move but probably wouldn't have even been looked at 10 years ago but a different game now and you cannot get away with much. 2 week ban is probably a bit harsh but clearly the AFL wanna stamp out such behaviour so are coming down hard on Rich

l think it was Campbell Brown that Judd eye gouged, and the Rischitelli one you're referring too was the pressure point incident.........then there was also the "accidental" elbow on Pavlich as well  :o :o

SydneyRox

Judd should go for at least 3 weeks IMO. Totally intentional, potentially very dangerous and he has form for similar incindents in the past. Cant see much more thn 3 getting handed out but you never know how hard they will want to come down on him.

Carltons season is done now though

monstrum

apparently (i was at the game so didn't hear) but the umpires said "he's going for the ball" reffering to Judd so at the tribunal they can use that for evidence.

Judds excuse was "trying to make im unable to handpass"... obviousley we didn't realize he meant FORVEVER!!

Tominator

Quote from: monstrum on July 16, 2012, 05:46:19 PM
apparently (i was at the game so didn't hear) but the umpires said "he's going for the ball" referring to Judd so at the tribunal they can use that for evidence.

Judd's excuse was "trying to make him unable to handpass"... obviously we didn't realise he meant FORVEVER!!

Did it look bad at the game?

Capper

strikes91

I bet every player would want to do that to jones, the midfielders strike back at the taggers

henry

Quote from: Tominator on July 16, 2012, 05:52:42 PM
Quote from: monstrum on July 16, 2012, 05:46:19 PM
apparently (i was at the game so didn't hear) but the umpires said "he's going for the ball" referring to Judd so at the tribunal they can use that for evidence.

Judd's excuse was "trying to make him unable to handpass"... obviously we didn't realise he meant FORVEVER!!

Did it look bad at the game?
I was at the game too but pretty far away on the top deck. To be honest couldn't see to much, it just looked loke a normal tackle but when I saw Swallow so angry and Adams go off holding his shoulder I knew something must have happened.

Round 16. North Melbourne versus Carlton.
Carlton. C. Judd 3 weeks.

monstrum

Srry i was out, yeh at the game it did look bad i was direct view of it bout ten rows back. It did look bad