WXV Possible Senior Coach Position Available

Started by ossie85, July 14, 2012, 08:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

First of all, it hasn't been decided for sure that a coach will be sacked. But if so, it would be good to have a new coach up and running by the start of next round.

Want to join in on the original World XV's competition? The London Royals maybe looking for a new senior coach!

Please post in this thread if you'd like to coach. Including:

- Why you'd like to join
- Availability in the off-season (should be active)
- How you can contribute
- Where will you take London's squad?

More information on the World XVs competition found here

London, as of now, currently sit 6-7 on the ladder. There squad includes stars such as Michael Hurley, Brent Stanton and Stephen Hill. The full squad is below:

Michael Hurley
Ben Reid
Brent Stanton
Robert Murphy
Tom Bellchambers
Andrew Mackie
Jason Winderlich
Jeff Garlett
Jarrad McVeigh
Stephen Hill
Brad Symes
Ricky Petterd
Chris Mayne
Richard Douglas
Luke Breust
Mitch Banner
Daniel Gorringe
Paul Bower
Cale Morton
Matthew Broadbent
Danyle Pearce
David Mackay
Brent Reilly
Matthew Bate
Bradley Sheppard
James McDonald
Shannon Byrnes
Joel Macdonald
Andrew Moore
Thomas Swift
Jayden Post
Brent Staker
Stephen Gilham
Peter Faulks
Mitchell Brown
Jarrad Irons
Rhys O'Keeffe
Mark Whiley
Sam Docherty
Thomas Sheridan
Fraser McInnes
Nicholas Joyce
Lachlan Dalgleish
Rory Laird
Steven Wrigley
Ben Darrou

Noz

I would like to join as I believe it is a great competition and would be really fun (stressfull?)

I will constantly be active in the off season.

I will contribute to this team by provide news updates, injury/report listings and odds for my game and others if possible. As well as submitting my team each week.

I see a team with potential and though I see some small gaps that need to be filled, Once we do fill those gaps I believe we can reach top 4 and be a serious contender for the flag.

Spinking

I would like to apply for the position although I can vouch for Noz who would be an excellent Senior Coach.

I've enjoyed my role as assistant to My Chumps at the Cobras and have taken every opportunity to get involved. I've liked working with MC who I really rate as a coach, but I'd really love to be more involved and closer to the action.

I haven't been around the FF community for long but I have been very active. I will continue to be so during the off season, which I rate as probably as interesting as the season in general.

I think I can bring innovation and out of the box thinking to the Royals. The list obviously needs renewal and depth development in the offseason, but primarily needs some dedication in the short term. Obviously been hit hard by injuries but there is light at the end of the tunnel for that squad.

Justin Bieber

I would usually apply, but I am basically head coach in euros, head coach in englishs and will be heads coach in Asia. I would allow someone else to take over, but I think the person who takes over should not be a senior coach in less than 2 comps.

So you cannot be head coach at 2 or more comps already.

ossie85

Quote from: whatlez on July 14, 2012, 11:49:25 AM
I would usually apply, but I am basically head coach in euros, head coach in englishs and will be heads coach in Asia. I would allow someone else to take over, but I think the person who takes over should not be a senior coach in less than 2 comps.

Thanks for making up rules whatlez :/

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on July 14, 2012, 11:58:52 AM

haha, but I'm just suggesting the work-load.

Spinking

I think there is validity in Whatlez' comment and I've heard it before from other coaches. I didn't mention above but I am a coach in the English and may be for the Asian. I can easily handle the workload but I agree it wouldn't be fair to stand in the way of a new up and coming coach.

I do however see the W15 and Euro as the premier competitions and would be willing to pass on my teams in the other comps to a new coach if one expressed interest.

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on July 14, 2012, 12:01:40 PM

haha, but I'm just suggesting the work-load.

lol Lez........l think there are already some with 3 or more teams  :P

*l nominate you to be the chief toecutter  :o .......it'll save Ossie the job of sacking people  ;)

BB67th

I would really like to join the comp as it seems like a really fun competition to be a part of. I know I am really new around here, but with being a head coach in the English as well, I would really like to join another team and be able to have an impact on the World 15s.

I am never off FanFooty recently and I'm sure I will be on constantly during the off-season.

I can be a strong contributor to the team by running it as a real team. I can do my own injury reports and updates on the squad and post fixtures and results.

With the squad, I can see it's been hit hard by injuries and has a lot of potential among its younger players. It seems to be lacking a few big scoring players, especially in defence. Over the off-season I would look at getting busy in trade week and topping up the list with some top end players and getting rid of some rookies and mid-scorers who I don't see much potential in. I think that this team could be taken to a premiership in the next season or two and I believe I could take them to it.

Noz

I would gladly accept a co coaching role with Spinking (or anyone else) if he is up for it, and if I'm picked.

Justin Bieber

I can so handle a second World's team under my belt ;). I swear my record at the Reindeers is due to bad luck ::).

Purple 77

Imo, which always seems to get booed lately. I think it should be someone who doesn't have a team anywhere else. Or, if someone had a team in another comp and would prefer the worlds, they should drop that team they are coaching and hand it to some one else. Just thinking of others who haven't got a team is all. I wonder where cm is in all this drama.......

CrowsFan

Yeah purps that's what I think. Posted that on the other thread

Noz

That does seem fair Purps.
Someone out of the 15s competition deserves a chance to be head coach, If they have missed out on the first 4 (5), In saying that in the Asia 15s we struggled to get numbers and eventually got 14. Is there anyone out there that is still interested in being a head coach?

Holz

looks like im going to be sacked as coach than