British 15's - Trading Thread and Rules

Started by MTTY, June 26, 2012, 04:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

The Trade period will work as follows:

Trade Period 1

Starts: After the Official Draft is complete

Ends: At the start of the National Draft

Trades: You may have up to 5 list changes, meaning that after you have finished drafting in the official draft that you can only add  or take five players/draft picks from your list. However if you get a player and then on trade that same player for another player it will still only count as 1 list change.

Trade Period 2

Starts: After the National Draft

Ends: The Monday before the season begins

Trades: At this stage i am thinking unlimited

Note: The National Draft order will be the reverse order of the Official draft for this year as we do not have a ladder to base the lowest to highest finishing teams on. From 2013 on wards it will be the ladder backwards.

Holz

good stuff MTTY, just a suggestion maybee a limit of 10 in the second period. People probably wont use more than that anyway but we don't wont people completely changing their squads.

MTTY

Quote from: Holzman on June 26, 2012, 04:10:17 PM
good stuff MTTY, just a suggestion maybee a limit of 10 in the second period. People probably wont use more than that anyway but we don't wont people completely changing their squads.

Yeah i was a little uncertain on that i think i will definitely cap it. 10 does sounds good.

Spite

Note: The National Draft order will be the reverse order of the Official draft for this year as we do not have a ladder to base the lowest to highest finishing teams on. From 2013 on wards it will be the ladder backwards.

But that's why we have a snaked draft, so that the person with the 1st pick get's 2 in a row. That is better than say, the person with the second last pick. I always though the person with the middle pick gets flowered over?

I'd be all for having a mini series after the draft of a few rounds to see how teams are scoring (so they know where weak points are) and do the draft based on that? But with rules saying you must play, let's say 10 of your 15 highest averaging players to stop tanking etc?...

Torpedo10

Quote from: Spite on June 26, 2012, 05:19:16 PM

But that's why we have a snaked draft, so that the person with the 1st pick get's 2 in a row. That is better than say, the person with the second last pick. I always though the person with the middle pick gets flowered over?

I'd be all for having a mini series after the draft of a few rounds to see how teams are scoring (so they know where weak points are) and do the draft based on that? But with rules saying you must play, let's say 10 of your 15 highest averaging players to stop tanking etc?...

Holz

Strongly against this idea. The reverse draft is used because some people had better draft positions in the afl draft so the reverse draft counters this.

Spite

Quote from: Holzman on June 26, 2012, 05:30:54 PM

Strongly against this idea. The reverse draft is used because some people had better draft positions in the afl draft so the reverse draft counters this.

I don't understand what you said, or why torp just quoted what I said?

We had a snaked draft to 'make it fair'

So why should someone get a better pick than another person if it is already made fair?

I would take 2 picks in a row + number 1 draft pick, any day of the week over a middle round pick.

I'd say mini series, or random.org draft and snaked again

Ziplock

you guys are just running one draft right? Like its not like world and euros where we ran multiple for national/ rookie drafts as well, since you'r ejust drafting afl listed players

if you've only had one draft, and one order, then reversing the order for the nat. draft makes perfect sense. Like, it wouldn't be fair to have someone get first pick in the actual draft, and get first pick in the national draft as well.

Spite

Quote from: Ziplock on June 26, 2012, 05:36:47 PM
you guys are just running one draft right? Like its not like world and euros where we ran multiple for national/ rookie drafts as well, since you'r ejust drafting afl listed players

if you've only had one draft, and one order, then reversing the order for the nat. draft makes perfect sense. Like, it wouldn't be fair to have someone get first pick in the actual draft, and get first pick in the national draft as well.

Yes, but you are forgetting we snaked the draft to make it fair already. It should be totally random/mini series who gets the first pick because the afl player draft is already "perfectly fair".

Torpedo10

Holz

Quote from: Spite on June 26, 2012, 05:38:47 PM

Yes, but you are forgetting we snaked the draft to make it fair already. It should be totally random/mini series who gets the first pick because the afl player draft is already "perfectly fair".

than using a reverse sanke draft for the national should be fair aswell. If the picks are done by a competition than all it does is give a massive advantage to young teams and hurts old teams. Thats ok after a year into the comp but its unfair before we even get to start.

Spite

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 26, 2012, 05:47:19 PM
Just reverse main Draft picks.  ::)

Can I call you biased knowing you are likely to get the number 1 pick? :P Atleast you know I am in the middle no matter what happens...

Ziplock

Quote from: Spite on June 26, 2012, 05:38:47 PM

no, I'm not forgetting that.

it's literally the fairest way lol...

Justin Bieber

When trading you have to trade two players two right?

So say I trade Trent Cotchin and i'm getting Ryan Griffin and round 1 draft pick, that is not possible.

I have to trade two of my players, so Trent cotchin and 4th round pick for Ryan Griffen and first round pick.

Is this correct?

JBs-Hawks