Achieving my final team

Started by Jay, June 06, 2012, 12:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hey strategists of SC...just wanted to start a topic where I could ask you guys how to turn my team into my ideal 'final' team using as few trades as possible...

My team right now:
12 trades...5.5k...going for league(1)
B: goddard deledio scotland broughton shaw malceski delaney <ellis darley>
M: ablett pendlebury boyd selwood shiel mcdonald <d.smith magner>
R: sandilands giles <redden stephenson>
F: franklin sidebottom dangerfield zaharakis martin zorko treloar <milera adams>

Now i want to turn that into this:

goddard deledio shaw broughton scotland WATERS malceski <ellis darley>
ablett pendles selwood boyd THOMPSON SWAN <shiel magner>
giles sandi <orren redden>
franklin sidearse zaha danger martin CHAPPY zorko <treloar milera>

Obviously rooks will change...what's best way to achieve this roughly?

HappyDEZ

By finals in an ideal world you would prob want another premo ruck, not knocking Giles but come finals you could be down 20-40 on a genuine premo ruck. Thommo should bottom out after 2 more games but def let him play one more cos his breakeven is massive atm. Ellis should go possibly in the rd 13 bye. Maybe downgrade Magner after this round & use the cash to upgrade Milera to CHAPPY in rd 13. Good Luck winning your league!

2 large cokes

agree with the comment above. come finals time Giles will most likely be scoring lower. I no he's mature age but it's still his first afl season which is a complete different level. also to add to that your team would look much better without Malceski and birchall in his place. even your last fwd spot instead of treloar a pav or a Stevie j would go well. of course you can't have it all though so I suppose focus on your must haves and if you have the trades come finals then that would be the cherry.

for your strategy though. I'd look at getting in thommo after his bye and then waters after that. then swanny as I think he may drop a touch in price on his comeback and then lastly bring in chappy just incase sj is still in ripping touch and you go for him instead.

firstly I'd be going magner and ellis out after the round 11 bye to rooks. then either shiel or macca to thommo whichever you'd rather keep then keep. this should leave u with a bit of cash to then go delaney or darly after round 12 to waters. hopefully just squeezes in!

so after the bye rounds I'd look at another double downgrade. of course depending on if any decent rooks are coming through. dev smith gone along with Taylor Adams. you probably wouldn't have enough to go 1 down and 1 up to swanny do that's why I'm saying the double down. then the round after hopefully swanny has lost a bit of his price tag it's time for shiel or macca whoever is left to go to Dane.

this again should leave u some spare cash like the first trades to then take your pick or treloar, zorko or milera to chappy!

without doing the proper maths to see if it all adds up that would be 8 trades to finish your team how you like it! leaving you with 4 trades and your team done to start round 16. then hopefully now lti's and you could do those extra upgrades I mentioned earlier?

that seems about the best plan I can come up with buddy! sorry for the essay lol you had to expect that asking for some strategy tips!

goodluck mate and go OKC ;)

Jay

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it, will take it all on board :)

Torress

u gotta keep an eye on injuries, 
-sandi - could be out for a while
-zaha is gone for 4 now
-heater is a rollercoaster
-scotland out for 4

its a difficult year with subbing, injuries and role changes (voss u knob keep rocky on the ball!!)

Jay

Quote from: Torress on June 10, 2012, 02:36:03 PM
u gotta keep an eye on injuries, 
-sandi - could be out for a while
-zaha is gone for 4 now
-heater is a rollercoaster
-scotland out for 4

its a difficult year with subbing, injuries and role changes (voss u knob keep rocky on the ball!!)
yeah...4 weeks is just on borderline for trade...might trade zaha and keep rest