New Freo mid options - Broughton/Duffield/Ibbotson???

Started by Dave085, May 02, 2012, 09:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave085

Gday all,

I apologise if this has been raised. If so point me in the right direction and ill delete the thread...

This article presents a bit of insight into a few options down back and might help us snag a few bucks in the bank rather than going the higher priced guys...
ttp://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/134689/default.aspx

Basically suggesting that Duffield and Ibbotson would be options at filling the mid spot for Fyfe rather than Pav filling it...

"Lyon said he would avoid using captain Matthew Pavlich extensively through the midfield to cover Fyfe, who will be unavailable for at least three months, instead challenging the rest of his midfield to step up.

The coach said defenders Garrick Ibbotson and Paul Duffield were capable of spending more time in the midfield, and opportunities could present for young runners Jayden Pitt and Dylan Roberton and mature-age recruit Lee Spurr.

Defenders Antoni Grover and Alex Silvagni are also in selection talks, Lyon said, if the club chooses to shuffle its line-up and move a defender into the midfield.

"I think it's a short-term fix always throwing Matthew (Pavlich) in there," the coach said."

If you havent already got Duffield, will you be picking him up??

deekay

I was thinking about this today... not trading broughTON could well have bent he best thing i've done this season. He will get increased time in the mid.

Kuruki

Quote from: deekay on May 02, 2012, 09:38:06 PM
I was thinking about this today... not trading broughTON could well have bent he best thing i've done this season. He will get increased time in the mid.

And he smashed the Suns last year, hoping he will do it again.

tigers123

yeah that's what i was thinking, surely that ross lyon didn't mention broughts that means that he will play in the mids definitely? i'm just trying to get my head around the double meanings he uses on a day-to-day basis!
:P

yorgis

been thinking about him since heater did the dirty on me

tbagrocks

chaosAD

I hope Broughton does play more mid time but every time we think he will he scores a rubbish 62 or something like that! Fingers crossed

Scrads

Have a feeling Lachie Neale will get an extended run there if he isn't the sub. Really hoping Broughton stays in there though :P

Plastic Boy

Morabito shouldnt be too far away, he'll slot into the midfield too

elephants

Whoever is cheaper out of Broughton and Duffield will come into my team when I wanna upgrade my backs the other will probably spend sometime in my side this year... :P

BillyPil

I think Pearce might be the biggest benificiary of Fyfe going down, having already been given Fyfey's roaming commission since Nat was winged. Out of Broughts and Duff I would expect Duff to fare better as Broughton is just too good at shutting down opposition forwards.

All that said, it could all change when Morabito comes back.

If you have the balls, go Pearce. He's been let off the reins this season. Otherwise, Duff, and then Broughts.

Justin Bieber

Because everyone already hate Ross Lyon, he should put Broughton as the sub and then this site will get a heap of new topic ;D

Thunderstruck

Quote from: whatlez on May 03, 2012, 09:21:32 AM
Because everyone already hate Ross Lyon, he should put Broughton as the sub and then this site will get a heap of new topic ;D

Now that's gold watlez and would be a site to see  8) ;D

me

duffman will keep playing his usual sweeping role across the backlines - no way u will see his role change - they need at least 1 decent kick in defence.

Ziplock

lets face it, the only person he didn't earmark for mids just then from their defence line was broughton.

meaning he'll be playing mids, based on lyon being a filthy liar :P