Does this stack up with the big boys?? Help me out please

Started by Moon64, March 23, 2012, 09:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon64

Will this stack up with the big boys?

I know the mids are weak, but i'm trying a cashcow stratagy for the second half of the season.
Be honest and tell me what you think. And rate

Backs
Goddard       Scotland       Deledio           B. Ellis     (B. Smedts   Bugg)
H. Shaw        B. Lake            C. Dempsey

Mids
Pendlebury     Ablett        Caddy                 (Coniglio, Shiel)
Magner          Pfeiffer      Wingard

Rucks
Mumford       Giles                                  ( O. Stephenson   J. Redden)

Forwards
Franklin        Fyfe              Pavlich         D. Smith   (A. Hall  T. Couch)
D. Martin      Dangerfield    Porplyzia   

$257,000 remaining   

Any better options, i would appreciate the help...

dmac07

A big risk with the two premium mids, but you have gone the best two and it could work out. If I had to use the rest of your money I would upgrade Dempsey to Broughton, or Dangerfield to Goodes

Moon64

Thanks for that.
I'm hoping Dempsy with value up as with Dangerfield.
I don't mind dropping a few games along the way

corzer03

i reckon if you are only gonna have a 2 premium midfield you will need one more premium in the backs or foward line

7.5/10

Ringo

Interesting Strategy - Agree that you need an extra premium in your team if going with this strategy rather than $257k in the bank.
You have options in both defence and forward your decision on who to upgrade. Need to weigh up against your strategy.
You may also be able to upgrade one of your mids to a prem as well.
Your decisions and I rank 7.5/10 due to a premium shy only count 11 definite.

Moon64

Thanks for that. I may increase my premiums, but with who?

mpollock

It is ok to go cheap on one line ... but you have gone cheap on your mids and rucks.
As a result I would expect your forwards and backs to have 5 absolute guns locked!

You have 4 in the backline and with Martin 4 in the forwards.
Lose some off the midpricers ... Lake, Dempsey, Porps, Danger, Caddy ... and get an extra gun or two in your backs/forwards if you are going with this strategy.

Ringo

Quote from: Moon64 on March 25, 2012, 10:34:29 PM
Thanks for that. I may increase my premiums, but with who?
Depending on your gut feel Upgrade and downgrade (if extra cash needed)  from Dempsey, Lake, Caddy, Dangerfield or porps using your $257k.

bkp130

Overall i like it a lot mate especially your fowardline. I would probobly spend that extra cash you have though. possibly upgrade dempsey but thats just a personal opinion

overall i would give your team a 8.5/10

if you get a chance can you rate my team. i am trying a team of 8 rookie midfielders with premium backs, fowards and rucks
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52912.0.html

thanks in advance for commenting