Rate this 14 Premium Team & I will rate yours

Started by johnnytheboy1, March 07, 2012, 07:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnytheboy1

Backline :
B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw,  G.Broughton, B.Ellis, B.Smedts, T.Bugg ( L.Spurr, L Brown )

Midfeild :
G Ablett, D Swan, J Selwood, S Thompson, A.Miles, J.Magner (E.Kavanagh , S.Gibson )

Rucks :
S.Mumford, B.Mcevoy ( J Giles, J.Reddan )

Fowards :
L Franklin, M Pavlich, A Goodes, D Martin, D.Smith, S.Kerridge, G Weedon ( D.Pfeiffer ,T.Couch)

Salary Cap $18300

Ringo

Are you worried about byes with prems sharing byes:
Def: Goddard, Lids, Birchall share Round 13 Bye.
Overall Team is very sound - Select the right rookies after NAB Cup. 14 Prem Keepers providing Martin fires,
Well done and Good Luck.

tor01doc

Yes.

Nice team.

All guns 'n' rookies.

Pick the right rookies and you've got a top team.

johnnytheboy1

Is Scotland and Broughton better replacements for Deledio & Birchall

Ringo

I would only go Birchall to Broughton.  Not a real difference SC wise.

Shaw and Broughton will share Round 12 Bye
Goddard and Delidio will Share Round 13 Bye.

m-ry

Backline : V.good if you go birch to brought then then will be better in terms of byes
Midfeild : V.strong works well with byes.
Rucks :    V.good set and forget
Forwards : good 4 premo are good

overall 8.5/10
.are you missing out on some cheapy the likes of hargraves, lake, conca, graff, big mcintosh etc
.rucks are they the top two
. are you missing out on breakout players. dangerman, sidebum, etc

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,50100.0.html

ben_020285

Hey mate. I think starting 8 rookies on the field is one too many. I prefer a 13 premium with 2 bargains structure so that you need to play just 7 rookies.

BACKS: I would swap Deledio for Scotland because of Lids interrupted pre-season. He is a perfect upgrade target. I would upgrade Spurr to Lake or Hargrave.

MIDS: One too many prems here for my liking. I would offload one of Selwood or Thompson and bring in a rookie. The rookie mids are the best mids by far this year! Miles or Shiel would be good picks depening on their round 1 availability.

RUCKS: With the money saved on downgrading a mid, you could bring in Cox. Having Mumford as your number 1 ruck is flirting with danger. I don't think anybody believes he will play all 22 games due to his temper and he's injury prone. I would upgrade Mumford to Cox.

FWDS: Martin will start slowly as he doesnt play well against the good sides and the Tigers have the toughest early draw out of any side in the competition. I think Martin will be a great upgrade target. I reckon Fyfe is the perfect replacement. I would also bring in Porplyzia for one of your rookies to give you that 13 prem and 2 bargain balance and just 7 rookies on the field.

8/10

gotheroos!

Quote from: johnnytheboy1 on March 07, 2012, 07:58:04 PM
Backline :
B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw, G Birchall, B.Ellis, B.Smedts, L.Spurr ( T.Bugg, L Brown )

Midfeild :
G Ablett, D Swan, J Selwood, S Thompson, D.Pfeiffer, J.Magner ( L.Neale, S.Gibson )

Rucks :
S.Mumford, B.Mcevoy ( J Giles, J.Reddan )

Fowards :
L Franklin, M Pavlich, A Goodes, D Martin, D.Smith, S.Kerridge, G Weedon ( A Hall, T.Couch )

Salary Cap $18300
defence: maybe 1 premium short. but up to u
mids fine. nice unique in thomspson
rucks fine, perhaps downgrade mcevoy for cash to upgrade 1 defence rookie
fwds: again, maybe get one more gun, but should be fine. perhaps get dangerfield instead of martin to make use of fixtures.

overall 8.75/10

here's mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,50241.0.html

johnnytheboy1

The Change so far is  Birchall to Broughton ensures that i escape the donut
That would leave with $25000.
Is it worth keeping Pavlich or is fyfe the better option
As for Martin who is a good replacement that will score just as good Cloke Is there anyone better than Clorke  Or Brent Harvey with the money i would have left.

Ringo

As you have seen with my team I am not worried with Round 13 donut.  After doing a few projects etc I reckon by coping a prem donut you do not loose over the season especially when a donut looks compulsory in Round 12 and Round 13. If you think Birchall will score better than Broughton stick with him.
Regards Fyfe V Pav go with your gut but personally prefer Fyfe given Pav will be played more forward this year.
Also go with your gut regards Martin. If you must look at an option downgrade to Danger and see if you have enough cash to upgrade a rookie to Porps. May not be a big difference points wise overall.

Just watch your rookies for playing Magner reported to have broken finger which may put Round 1 in jeopardy.

JamesHarden13

Defs - okay backline, starting three rookies though is kindve a worry.
mids- very nice, probably would downgrade thomo to a rookie though and upgrade a backline rookie.
rucks- perfect, can not fault it at all!
forwards-again, very risky starting three rookies in the forwards makes the backline rookies even more risky imo.

7/10, too many rookies starting in forwards, and backs, needs to be fixed i believe.

Babylove

Clearly you've gone the Guns'n'Rookies approach.  For that to work you're going to have to make sure you get the right rookies.

Backs: Look good.  Nice premiums.  Not a fan of Smedts, based on NAB cup form doesn't look to be a prelific scorer if he can force his way into the Cats line up.  He does have value as a DPP but you'll need the link in the forward line to make that work. 

Mids: Not much to say about your premiums.  Like Thompson as a unique.  Need to make sure that Pfeiffer and Magner get elevated off the rookie list and that Magner's injuured hand are okay.

Rucks: Good.

Forward: The premiums are once again solid.  Like the backline it is risky having so many rookie starters, but that is the risk of the strategy you've chosen.  I do like smith, he's looked good during NAB Cup.  I personally prefer Fyfe over Pav, but I can't really give you a reason why.  I do agree with Ringo, if you downgraded Martin to either Sidebottom or Dangerfield you could upgrade one of your rookies to Porps.  Still risky, but if Porp's shoulder holds up he could be one of the SC cash cows of the year.

Overall 7/10.

enzedder

Really like the team...premium choices are first class. Rookies are thereabouts too.
The only problem I see with this team is that you may miss out on a mid pricer who could turn into a keeper...Lake appears the safest bet of these IMO.

johnnytheboy1

Have Upgraded  Pavlich to Fyfe

May Downgrade Thompson to Masten
                        Spurr to Darley
     Upgrade        Bugg to Lake

Trying to work out a way to get Dangerfield as F5

tor01doc

You can get Danger to F5 if you go 3 mid premiums.

Seems we can't have our cake and eat it too.

Or go the 3 rookie ruck thing.

Let me know if you find a way.