Barlow ...Why or Why not?

Started by enzedder, February 05, 2012, 12:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to have Barlow in your team this year?

Yes
14 (60.9%)
No
9 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 2

enzedder

When prices came out I thought I would Barlow in my team but now I have played around with my team I'm almost certain to leave him out. I am looking at GAJ, Swan, Judd and Selwood as my starting premiums...who I can afford due in part to the prices of Grimes, Lake, Porps and Jonathan Brown.
Thought a poll might give an indication of how many teams are likely to have him.

Purple 77

I'm going to try not to, but a big NAB cup will sell me.

Honestly, think he is a little bit unproven...

Richooo

im with purple here. only played 9 games last year and the days of him averaging 110+ seem like a long time ago now. if you can afford that 4th tru premium without sacrificing the rest of your team structure then id recommend  not having him

Torress

i'm a no but he will be popular just based on what he did a few years ago.

i also don't think he'll go 110+ myself. if this was DT i'd more than likely pick him - but i don't bother with DT.

it comes down to your structure - if he is dominating in the NAB i'm with purple i could well be sold. you can almost free up 200k to replace with an elite prem!

enzedder

Quote from: Torress on February 05, 2012, 01:21:28 PM
i'm a no but he will be popular just based on what he did a few years ago.

i also don't think he'll go 110+ myself. if this was DT i'd more than likely pick him - but i don't bother with DT.

it comes down to your structure - if he is dominating in the NAB i'm with purple i could well be sold. you can almost free up 200k to replace with an elite prem!
Exactly. If Barlow dominates in the NAB he is a bargain premium and gives you $200 k worth of other options.

MC

No. I can't see him being a season-long keeper. Seems a waste of cash at 450k only to trade him out later on in the season. He'll average 95ish but not the 110 that i'll need at the pointy end.