does duffield deserve a spot on my field?

Started by fattony, February 02, 2012, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fattony

what are people's thoughts on paul duffield? can he bounce back from a disappointing 2011?

Windigo

If I was to pick him it would make my FWDS stronger. Best kick behind Goddard for Gen defenders.

Am a big fan of the Duff_Man and he has been dominate in the past. Fairly cheap for a player that can slay at 90+.

At 27 he still has plenty offer.

nostradamus

He went from being Duffman at the start of the season, and finished it as Duddman.

l'm a bit biased because l had him....... so its a big fat NO from me

.....having said all that he IS cheap, and if he played the way he can he'd be a bargain

Lions01

I like the idea of having one of the Freo defenders in my side, Lyon doesnt mind his backline waxing easy possession which is DT gold. Ill be going in the season with one of Broughton, Duffield or Suban in my team.

Duff is a "Safebet" by this i mean he wont be lowering his average but above that there's no guarantee.

Mozza3

I think you can't go wrong with Duffield, Suban or Broughton. Lyon has identified them has the primary ball users coming out of defence and in the case of Broughton, possibly a move into the midfield.

StuL

lolrocket

I remember reading something somewhere that was claiming that Duffield was being played a bit like a quarterback with Lyon grooming him to be his new Goddard. If this is true, he is a very legitimate option to Waters, Grimes etc.

MGK1

From what I've heard plenty of Freo fans aren't to crazy about him.
(Bigfooty Forum and various other sources)
Personally I think Broughton is the superior option and has a bit of a grunt about him,
something that i beleive Duffy lacks (IMO).
Suban would be a better pick also like the look of him.

Justin Bieber

You can't play him and his byes collide with top teams.

upthemaidens

oh man  after last year,, im not going through that again.... mind u im probably gunna get grimes again! kill me now!

elephants

Purple 77

the flying hawk

Duffman burnt me last year, good pick up if he bounces back

Oh yeah...........