My first team for 2012

Started by Jay, February 01, 2012, 08:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hey guys havent been on the ff forum for a while but now its supercoach again ill need some more help from you blokes!

Well my team is as followed with $6,200 remaining:

Def: goddard delidio h.shaw heppel lake m.clarke bower <Mohr docherty>
Mid: murphy gablett J-Selwood barlow shiel zorko <l.brown t.mitchell>
Ruc: leuyberger giles <pattison stephenson>
Fwd: buddy steveJ pav d.martin j.brown porps smedts <treloar rowe>

Im fairly happy with my first team...id appreciate any ideas, suggestions or just general comment on what i can do to improve my team

Cheers

ando_10

looks good for a first crack mate :)

ive heard giles name floating around the traps but i havent heard to much about him he is so cheap for a second ruckman could really be a money saver

i like ya backline unsure on connors to many issues in the dog house at richmond

mids are great

and the rookies are anyones guess at the moment untill nab cup

Jay

Cheers mate...yeh i like giles...and tbh i like connors think ill stick with him, its lake im more unsure about...and im not sure what rookie's are the best yet, as you said will have to wait and see in nab :)

Few changes im thinking of making...pfieffer and ja.roughead IN...staley and martin OUT
Im still keeping my mpp but will have more secure cover on the bench in pfieffer....not sure tho because martin should outscore roughead...and also roughy coming off an LTI!?

Thanks

ando_10

yeah id stick with martin i like lake i think he will kill it

rate mine :) cheers dude

Jay

Cheers ando...yep im sticking with D-mart, should kill it! Ive made a a couple of little changes to do with rookies. And one fairly big change, barlow in for hayes

anyone got any ideas on how to improve?

alexross

Not too sure on Heppell. IMO he is a bit overpriced. If you like connors then good on you for sticking with him but im not sure he is in the best 22 at tigerland. Marty Clarke could be a better option and he is cheaper but wait and see how he is used in the NAB cup.

Pendles may drop in price but in saying that i cant see him bringing in many sub 105 scores. Mids are stong and good choice with Barlow over Hayes. Your other picks i like

Rucks i dont like the 1 prem 3 rook approach but good luck to you for that.

Your forwards seem to be very reliant on key position players. a bit risky IMO. Buddy should score well but if both Roos and brown dont fire you could be in some trouble as they dont usually get heaps of the ball. A forward who can go into the midfield could be a better option.

As everyone says wait on NAB cup form and first round teams before settling with the rookie players.

Jay

Heppel is locked and loaded in my team i think...can only get better??? Yeah connors is risky, will toss up between him and clarke! Pendles is so expensive and maybe i could settle for a mid.prem say 5ppg less and then use the cash on upgrading jroo/nroo/browny into a more consistent scorer?

Cheers

alexross

sounds like a good plan. Im not sold on Heppell but im locked and loaded with sidebum just because i like watching him play. The only reason i am not sure on heppell is after his first year will he get more attention from opposition teams. i will be watching him closely because i think he is an exceptional player.

Someone like murphy, swallow, judd or mitchell could bring in similar scores and are alot cheaper then pendles. im looking at upgrading to pendles after his price 'hopefully' drops.

Thats what i would be looking at in your foward line. players like pav goodes or even zaharakis or beams who will get midfield time and look like they are on the up could be options.

Jay

Pendles-->murphy sounds good

who out of brown nroo and jroo would you trade...and who would u trade in?

alexross

It sepends on how much cash you have... If you get murphy in that will give you an extra 60k and if you take the chance with clarke that would give you an extra 100k aswell. then i would say bring in Pav goodes or Johnson. If you dont have the money try get Beams or Zahahrakis.

But it is your team and if you like the players you have stick with it!

alexross

I would trade out either of N.Roo or J.Roo

Jay

Okay i feel ive improved my team a lot...still gotta work things out with the byes and all that...but i feel its coming together nicely...so here it is:

Remaining cap: $109,700

Mid: murphy gablett priddis barlow shiel zorko <l.brown t.mitchell>
Ruc: leuyberger giles <daw stephenson>
Fwd: buddy nroo beams d.martin j.brown porps smedts <treloar rowe>

As you can see it isnt the most unique but it does have mpp ability

Thoughts???

Jay

Okay so ive made my team more bye-friendly and also upgraded my forwards, so what do you think?

Well my team is as followed with $6,200 remaining:

Mid: murphy gablett J-Selwood barlow shiel zorko <l.brown t.mitchell>
Ruc: leuyberger giles <pattison stephenson>
Fwd: buddy steveJ pav d.martin j.brown porps smedts <treloar rowe>

Capper

i dont like your rucks. You are basically flipping a coin every week to see who plays with le burger

Jay

Quote from: tabs on February 02, 2012, 07:10:48 PM
i dont like your rucks. You are basically flipping a coin every week to see who plays with le burger
Think youll find that a lot of the teams have gone with the 1 prem 3 rook structure...each week i can choose from rowe, giles and stephenson to play with burger!  Think ive got the leunberger with the lot mate

Aha bad joke^^^ but seriously i like my rucks...any other problems with the team?